Prairie Highlands Lodge
25472 288th Avenue
Wood, SD 57585
Cell: (605) 828-0104
Lodge: (605) 452-3233
We offer world class hunting, lodging and food at a very reasonable price. We are located in south central South Dakota. The hunting in this area is second to none. You will have access to over one million acres of hunting land located in four counties. The diversity of hunting locations spans from high plains that stretch as far you can see to rolling hills that give way to deep wooded creeks and valleys which lead to huge river valleys, with mature cottonwood and cedar trees. The beauty of the land will astound you. You are sure to have ample opportunity to harvest the animal of your choice.
South Dakota has become a pheasant hunters dream spot. However, often overlooked is West River South Dakota's abundant sharptail grouse population and the greater prairie chicken. The greater prairie chicken is one of the most elusive birds that can be hunted. Here at the Prairie Highlands Lodge, we take great price in differing ourselves from the other lodges in South Dakota that focus on the pheasant. It's important to us and our clients to offer land that has an abundance of wild native upland birds the way nature intended.
- Season Dates - September through December
- Price - $1,500 (3 days / 4 nights)
- Included - Guiding, lodging, meals, transportation to and from the field if needed.
- Group Size - We can take up to 10 hunters with our main lodge & 2 cabin setup.
- Bringing Your Dog - We have kennels for your dogs on site.
- License Info - You will need a Rosebud Sioux Tribe General Hunting License.
Prairie Highlands Lodge is located in the majestic White River Valley in south central South Dakota. Lodging includes a 3,000 square foot log lodge which sleeps up to 8 and 2 additional cabins which sleeps 3-4, both with a full kitchen and bath.
The Main Lodge
- Capacity - Sleeps up to 8 hunters
- Amenities - Include bar, pool table, poker table, lounge with big screen tv, laundry, and a natural hot springs cedar hot tub just feet from the lodge.
Cabins 1 & 2
- Capacity - Each Sleeps 3-4 hunters
- Amenities - Full kitchen, eating area for 4, full bathroom.
Prairie Highlands Lodge Also Offers
- Archery Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Gun Whitetail Deer Hunting(Rifle & Muzzleloader)
- Mule Deer Rifle Deer Hunting
- South Dakota Merriam Turkey Hunting
- South Dakota Antelope Hunting
- South Dakota Prairie Dog Hunting
- Trophy Bull Elk Hunting or Cow Elk Hunting
- South Dakota Buffalo Hunting
Prairie Highlands Lodge is located in mellette county South Dakota. Started and operated by Abel Harmon, and Raquel Larson, with our main goal to provide the best hunting experience possible.