|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 2 pheasants, cut into serving pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white wine, use good wine
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pitted medium prunes
- 1 cup pitted medium Spanish green olives
- 1/4 capers with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp dried basil
Arrange the pheasant in a single layer in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, wine, oil and vinegar. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Pour over the pheasant pieces, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Turn the meat several times.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
Serve the meat and juice over wild or brown rice.