Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys with only one dog

Even if I hunt just one dog they are in thier kennels. Just feels safer that way. I have had my male ride in one from day one, the other day I tried to ride him in the back seat and he was a nervous wreck.

Hoping to never have an accident with my animals with me, but if I do it just feels kind of like a seat belt for them.

I have two Goldens and drive a Suburban. Both are kenneled. If I had one dog it would be the same. They actually rest more when in their kennels and not flying around from seat to seat, and the safety factor.
    Mike

On that note, does anyone want to share their set ups in thier vehicles?
    I am working on importing my 3rd KM and I fifgure I better get a better set up then the 2 dog crate system I have.

Lets see what some of you hunting pros have!

you said Pro's, I'm at the other end of the rainbow but here's my 2 crate home made shelf- these are XL crates, plywood, carpeted for quietness, 2 wrapping paper size bins, 2 guns down below and another between the crates.

and a partridge in a pear tree..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UplandHntr; 12-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by UplandHntr View Post
    you said Pro's, I'm at the other end of the rainbow but here's my 2 crate home made shelf- these are XL crates, plywood, carpeted for quietness, 2 wrapping paper size bins, 2 guns down below and another between the crates.

i like your organization in your suv benn there just hate the smell of dogs on a long trip

Quote Originally Posted by UplandHntr View Post

Very cool! My Explorer has third row seating so then the seats dont lay flat. I would love to do something like that.

Wondering where the third one will go.

I might have to hit you up on how to get it done. I have no mechanical skills anymore.

He's got to choose. I have a tahoe got the seats out in the back. But he can ride in the front if he wants. Got seats covered group of us he rides in the back and licks the guys in the middle.

Default Dog Boxes

If you use a dog box in the back of your truck bed lets see some pictures of them. I only have one dog now, what kind of boxes do you guys have?

Quote Originally Posted by mstand View Post
    Even if I hunt just one dog they are in thier kennels. Just feels safer that way. I have had my male ride in one from day one, the other day I tried to ride him in the back seat and he was a nervous wreck.

Hoping to never have an accident with my animals with me, but if I do it just feels kind of like a seat belt for them.
    My sentiment exactly! Had a friend that lost her life as well as the dog, riding up front, got excited knocked her arm and the steering wheel into oncoming vehicle. Thought that could never happen to me, my dogs are too well behaved. One day dog bumped my arm wanting attention, caused me to swerve...that was it! ALWAYS in the back in kennels. Also, too many encounters with pole cats...5 times.Will they ever learn?
    Upland hunting is for the birds...and those of us who love our dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by koja48 View Post
    The access cab area of my Tacoma belongs to Hank (A Mud River seat cover blanket installed in reverse keeps the area clean & keeps Hank in the back. The back seat area of my Wrangler, minus the seat belongs to Hank. The back area of the Caliber belongs to Hank. The back of my partner's Explorer belongs to Hank & Sophie (although Sophie debates that initially.). On a long trip, I'll put Hank in one of his crates inside the access cab of the truck. To continue . . . the right side of the love seat belongs Hank (as does my right thigh/dog pillow), and so does the left side of the bed; the right side of the bed belongs to Sadie, my 8-pound Jack Russell aka "The Bitchy Boss." I squeeze into the 9-to-15% in the middle & they tolerate that. Hank's daytime/when I'm at work kennel dominates a third of the garage. I clean-up all of the dog-fruit in the yard, provide fresh water, grooming, treats, and provide all premium food, plus pay the license & Vet bills, provide entertainment, and take them for rides. Someone please explain the Alpha pack leader thing to me again . . . I think I have it all wrong. But . . . I wouldn't have it any other way . . .
    Real ending to this...
    Watching Hank work a rooster....PRICELESS!!!
    Upland hunting is for the birds...and those of us who love our dogs!