Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continuous chest compression CPR, a MUST watch

Hum the BeeGee's 'staying alive' song as you do compressions... this will get you to the speed needed for an adult. Hope you are in shape as this is a WORK OUT! compressions first, then airway. What is always in my mind while doing cpr is 'the person is clinically dead, I can do no harm and possibly help'. Don't worry about breaking the person's ribs (this WILL happen), if spontaneous circulation returns, broken ribs can heal. I always have aspirin in the truck too, if chest pain starts, chew one or two and get to medical care asap so cpr doesn't have to be performed!
    ...even the blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes

Speaking of CPR.... is anyone aware if there are any requirements for hunting and fishing guides to have First Aid Training or EMT certification? Seems like EMT certification would be a great selling point for a guide.

I want to die with my boots on but go ahead and give me CPR in case I have another field left in me.

A guy I played hockey with collapsed on the bench from a heart attack and thankfully most of the players knew this type of CPR and were able to bring him back twice before the paramedics arrived! CPR was administered on the bench. He is slowly recovering and has a long road ahead as he has suffered some brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Everyone going into the field hunting should know this just might save yours or your buddy/family members life, Onpoint thanks for posting.
    River - 3 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 5 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 6 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

I'll jump on the band wagon here. CPR saves lives! I have personally given CPR twice as a non-paid volunteer. The first was on a co-worker as eight people stood there in shock, afraid to act.

The second was on a stranger in a store, I turned into an aisle and he was down and out. He died 8 hours later. Turns out he was a close friend of a friend.

My co-worker survives today, December 9th marks 12 years.

The major point here is "Mindset" be prepared to jump into action, without you they are already dead. You can't make it worse, only better! Prepare to get a workout, you will be sweating like a pig on a spit.