Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Question!

Point, back, track, retrieve, swim, hot, cold, wet dry, upland, big game, small game, waterfowl...

Drahthaar.
    A bird in my shop beats two in the bush.

Always love those pictures FCS! Well, I am hearing conflicting information about the quantity of birds in Utah. I am going to be moving to Salt Lake City or within an hours drive of it in either direction. Looking for some land but you know how that goes. Are there plenty of locations within a reasonable drive from Salt Lake to hunt birds religiously. I wish there were tons of Pheasants to hunt but it just doesn't look that way in Utah. I am ok with Chukar and anything else, doesn't have to be pheasant for me. I just want to know if northern Utah is a great place for upland game hunting. I believe south western Wyoming is pretty close to Salt Lake so maybe that might be a good place to go if I get riled up about Pheasants one weekend. Fishing is my passion but read a lot of streams are clogged with people and pressured fishing just isn't my thing. I am sure I will meet people who have some "spots" but getting a dog and walking to for birds is probably going to be my new passion. Just want to make sure I get to the right places for them. Beautiful pics FCS.

Great photos, FC . . . you ARE blessed!
    Dogs . . . I've loved them all . . . the good, the bad, the mediocre, the spectacular. God never made a more loyal & trusting creature than a dog. No small wonder that the same three letters spell two words very important to me . . .