Page 1 of 154 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Default NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Wanted to be the first to tell you about the drought coming to an end at the Ponderosa and that a week of soaking, beneficial rains had ended the drought.

Well, I can't actually tell you that yet, but after today we will be one day closer to an end of a very long drought. Actually, it is pretty brutal here today. Just checked an temp is 105.4, humidity is 14% and winds are variable at about 3mph and there is a fire danger warning out.

It is so dry here that the Baptists are baptizing by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet wipes, the Presbyterians are giving out rain checks, and the Catholics are praying that the wine be turned back to water.

I am praying for rain and provision for all the creatures great and small.

God Bless,
    Maynard Reece Byrd
    Dodge City

Real glad that "Rain Dance" is starting to kick into high gear, I am Baptist, Lutheran and Catholic so maybe I qualify for something.
    Bilbo Baggins

it was 111 in Greensburg today, i can't imagine the survival rate for chicks will be very good at all.

At least its a dry heat....

It won't take much weather like that to start stressing and killing cattle in feedlots. Heat, no wind, no shade. Recipe for further suffering.

Ooooh, brutal. Stay cool fellas, and hope you get the rain you need.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Real glad that "Rain Dance" is starting to kick into high gear, I am Baptist, Lutheran and Catholic so maybe I qualify for something.
    Bad news to report on the rain dance. I am absolutely desperate and had an old timer tell me to dance naked around a prickly pear, five times to the right, five times to the left. I know that no one can see me, so what the heck. I was doing a respectable job, when I went to turn to the left, wrenched my back, lost my balance, fell backwards onto the prickly pear, filled my left butt cheek with twenty-three spines, trip to the ER and 746 dollars later I was leaving. All the laughs from the ER staff, plus everyone else on staff that had to come to see, priceless for them. Daily trips to the chiroprator for the wrenched lower back and he even thinks it to be amusing.

I did have a pretty good proposal from a good looking nurse to take over my dancing, but how would that look in a small community if the word got out that Maynard had naked dancing girls up in the canyons.

Any other bright ideas?
    Maynard Reece Byrd
    Dodge City

Damn the gossips, you gotta what you gotta...get that woman out there!

Mike C.

P.S. Let me know what time she starts!!!

i would sell the cattle and farm acreage and hire them there women for up in the hills way things are going they may be the better money maker
    A Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

Cooler today, but here was yesterday

Maynard Reece Byrd
    Dodge City