Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti christ of upland bird hunting

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    Serous Wildcat, I had a friend for many years. He grew into a control freak. We had a annual get together for many years, long before he got the invite. It became such a problem you can't believe it. If a destination was decided, he would make it a point to leave a day early because he bucked what was decided, saying he would go get us a spot and EVERY TIME he would mysteriously come up with all the camping spots were filled and he had to go to his original location he had wanted. Yet a quick check would reveal open camping spots where we had planned to go. Pretty soon he wouldn't go on our trip anymore and started his own trip and had to find all new people to go with him. We hardly talk anymore. If he couldn't be in control. He wouldn't participate.

Don't you like it when something you started, tries to get taken over by someone else?
    Do you mean like people who's #1 complant is that god forbid you hunt with a black plastic stock and not the walnut "THEY" feel is right!

Quote Originally Posted by wesslpointer View Post
    Do you mean like people who's #1 complant is that god forbid you hunt with a black plastic stock and not the walnut "THEY" feel is right!
    Always somebody that has to take a thread where it will not do any of us any good. I'll refrain from answering that

My number one would be guys that shoot a bird and then shoot another before they pick up the first one. When we get into some HOT spots it can get pretty intense. I know when there are roosters in the air it is tough to go look for the one you just shot, but too many times I have seen guys looking for birds after the shooting stops without much idea of where they are or how hard they were hit.

The whole gun safety thing is huge with me. I had a buddy who invited his brother and his brother had no clue where the safety even was. He turned out alright after I gave him a quick lesson on some important issues besides the safety. We still hunt with him and he's a pretty decent kid now. The litter thing has really been pissing me off lately because it seems like everyone I see on a gravel road is throwing something in to a ditch anymore. I just want to walk over and smack them, then make them pick it up. Good thread OP.

Default Gun Safety

Biggest peeve is looking down the barrel of a gun.

Second biggest is people not doing what they agree to do.

1.) Uncontrollable dogs

2.) Dogs fighting over a bird. Those damn things are 60 bucks a pound!!!!!

3.) The Army marcher , who has to be the first one to the end of the field!!

4.) The only reason you get a invite is that you are the only one with Dogs. Sometimes a good thing!!!

5.) The person who should never own a firearm!!!

And if you get all these on the same trip!!! Priceless!!!!!!!!

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

The one that tries to take over your spots after you have had permission and taken them out, and him going with others and not you......... your done.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

Thumbs down The NERVE of some people

How about asking everyone to take a 30 minute break so his girl friend could run into town to get a hunting lisence (because this hunting thing was kinda fun) and oh BTW does anyone have a spare gun she could borrow.

NO we did not wait, we left right after they headed to town and went to land belonging to another hunter in our party that was unknown to them and yes they got the message.
    Pheasants Forever Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SDJIM View Post
    How about asking everyone to take a 30 minute break so his girl friend could run into town to get a hunting lisence (because this hunting thing was kinda fun) and oh BTW does anyone have a spare gun she could borrow.

NO we did not wait, we left right after they headed to town and went to land belonging to another hunter in our party that was unknown to them and yes they got the message.
    That is hilarious!
    #1 of course and like many others is safety violators!
    After that is the person that doesn't even at least offer to pay for some gas, doesn't have water for his dog, and only has a handful of shells.

I handle things this way: I say I have to cut the hunt short to save on gas; I tell them they will be carrying the water since I brought it; and kindly tell them I also only brought a few shells!

Quote Originally Posted by SDJIM View Post
    LMAO! I assume she already took hunter's safety, or is that not required in South Dakota?