Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing wyo

Does anyone have a read on Glendo? Iwas there last year at Memorial Day and the water was ok but got too high after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Does anyone have a read on Glendo? Iwas there last year at Memorial Day and the water was ok but got too high after that.
    http://www.usbr.gov/gp-bin/arcweb_gler.pl

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

Sorry uncle buck but Eyes are what gendo is all about. If thats what you want then good. Thats not what most Wyoming people fish for Trout at 20" + Inches is. And there are tons of lakes and river and creeks. That will make this happen. Catching a 20" trout on a fly line Is like catching a marlin.

That's right Uncle Buck you better come down and catch a 20" slimmer for dinner. Save all the Walters for me

Many have accused me of being a high brow when it comes to my upland bird hunting given my taste for fine sxs and pointing dogs. Fishing is a little different in that tho I have wandered a trout stream or two, I have an affinity eating some of what I catch and walleye and perch are the best of the freshwater variety. I also prefer being in a boat.
    I got my report last night. The water is indeed high in Glendo and the walleyes have just started biting. They will have water as high or higher than last year in the North Platte system which will wreck the camping later in Glendo. Memorial weekend will be ok.

I have floated the Big Horn neath Yellowtail, lived in Yellowstone one summer and have admired some great fly casters in my time, but will never be one.

Many have accused me of being a high brow when it comes to my upland bird hunting given my taste for fine sxs and pointing dogs. Fishing is a little different in that tho I have wandered a trout stream or two, I have an affinity eating some of what I catch and walleye and perch are the best of the freshwater variety. I also prefer being in a boat.
    I got my report last night. The water is indeed high in Glendo and the walleyes have just started biting. They will have water as high or higher than last year in the North Platte system which will wreck the camping later in Glendo. Memorial weekend will be ok.

I have floated the Big Horn neath Yellowtail, lived in Yellowstone one summer and have admired some great fly casters in my time, but will never be one.
    UB that was just a little poke at you. Sorry if it offended you, as it was not meant to. Glendo will be flooding and is will get worst and will be great Eye fishing all summer long.

I love glendo and eyes , but the greys river, and so many more for trout, I like better. Just my thoughts.

Gurnsey, may be a good choice for camping. It was not under water last year!! Sorry for the spelling Jmac!!!!! I can catch fish on smaller water, other than that I struggle. Big rivers just trouble me!!! I worked the U.S. Flyfishing Championship a few years ago on the Big T. Talk about pressure!!!! I had to measure fish in a half PVC tube and if the fish jumped out I could not count it!!! These guys are trying to make the U.S. Team and I was freaking out trying to measure their fish. These guy's would put 4 nymphs on their line at a time, what a cluster when they caught a fish. Spent more time re-tying then fishing. The guy's from back East had troubles. There was a guy from Wyo, older ,White Mustache, Cowboy hat, he is rather famous although I can't remember his name, he was very good and made the Team. Too stressful for me!!!

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

OK, Uncle Buck.....you lie to your friends and I'll lie to mine but dont lie to me Good luck on your trip.

What are we doing this yr? Are we going up to Farris place or are you guy's coming to my bird camp? By the way, have you ever had a slimmer in your boat? who love's you baby!

Quote Originally Posted by BleuBijou View Post
    Gurnsey, may be a good choice for camping. It was not under water last year!! Sorry for the spelling Jmac!!!!! I can catch fish on smaller water, other than that I struggle. Big rivers just trouble me!!! I worked the U.S. Flyfishing Championship a few years ago on the Big T. Talk about pressure!!!! I had to measure fish in a half PVC tube and if the fish jumped out I could not count it!!! These guys are trying to make the U.S. Team and I was freaking out trying to measure their fish. These guy's would put 4 nymphs on their line at a time, what a cluster when they caught a fish. Spent more time re-tying then fishing. The guy's from back East had troubles. There was a guy from Wyo, older ,White Mustache, Cowboy hat, he is rather famous although I can't remember his name, he was very good and made the Team. Too stressful for me!!!
    Bleu wow 4 nymphs on one line. That's way out of my league, I have a hard time trying to keep two from noting up. I'm with you on the smaller water, unless floating them. Nothing like having to sneek up , in a low crawl, to the bank of a small creek, and flip them the fly.