Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: NASTRA and UFTA hunts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    649

    Default NASTRA and UFTA hunts

    Hey folks.
    I am in the works with starting a NASTRA and UFTA club in Clermont and Brown counties here in South Western Ohio and would like input from the folks if they think they would take part. I am donating birds (quail) for the first two hunts to hold fees down. I have thought about having some door prizes that I would also donate. Launchers, leads,collars and maybe raffle a 2 dog tritonics upland special at the first hunt.
    Let me know what you think.
    Bob Green
    Bobby G
    Socialism works great until you run out of other people's money..
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Live south east of Cleveland. Farm and hunt west of Wheeling
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Bob, when do you plan on doing this? I just got Griffon. He should be here next weekend. He is 5. I jot him from an outfitter in Idaho this would be a good chance to take him out. When I was a kid we had an English Pointer and an Irish setter. That was a long time ago. The last 15 years we have been working on rabbits for the most part. We did raise 50 Pheasants about 7 year ago. We put them out and had a few friends brings their dogs out.

    Now I have 200 acres and we have been working on habitat for a few years. We have grouse and I want to start with pheasants again.

    Bill

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Bob, I'd be interested. I'm am running my dogs in the UFTA trial on the 30th at the Fairchild Pheasant Farm. There is also a NSTRA trial scheduled for Mid May I might try to get in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsoncs3980 View Post
    Bob, I'd be interested. I'm am running my dogs in the UFTA trial on the 30th at the Fairchild Pheasant Farm. There is also a NSTRA trial scheduled for Mid May I might try to get in.
    I think we may be running two dogs in that trial. GSP and a EP.
    I have a EP due with pups around that time and that would be the only way we would miss the UFTA hunt. I really like there format and judging.
    Back to the point.. I will keep you posted on developments on future trials in the Clermont/Brown county areas.
    Bobby G
    Socialism works great until you run out of other people's money..
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpman View Post
    Bob, when do you plan on doing this? I just got Griffon. He should be here next weekend. He is 5. I jot him from an outfitter in Idaho this would be a good chance to take him out. When I was a kid we had an English Pointer and an Irish setter. That was a long time ago. The last 15 years we have been working on rabbits for the most part. We did raise 50 Pheasants about 7 year ago. We put them out and had a few friends brings their dogs out.

    Now I have 200 acres and we have been working on habitat for a few years. We have grouse and I want to start with pheasants again.

    Bill
    Bill I am looking towards a fall winter time frame. Going to take a little work to get things started. Thinking Saturday and Sunday trials back to back. We should have some good grounds and flying birds. Building more flight pens and we should run 1000-1200 quail a month. Cherrybend is also thinking about holding trials starting in September.
    Bobby G
    Socialism works great until you run out of other people's money..
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beaglebob1 View Post
    I think we may be running two dogs in that trial. GSP and a EP.
    I have a EP due with pups around that time and that would be the only way we would miss the UFTA hunt. I really like there format and judging.
    Back to the point.. I will keep you posted on developments on future trials in the Clermont/Brown county areas.

    I hope your able to make it out Bob. I look forward to finally meeting you. I drive a bright blue Nissan Xterra.

    Chris,

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsoncs3980 View Post
    I hope your able to make it out Bob. I look forward to finally meeting you. I drive a bright blue Nissan Xterra.

    Chris,
    Chris we will be at the hunt. Running Kelly (English Pointer) and Dixxie (German Short Hair). Took them out today and shot some quail for them. They looked good.
    I will be driving a gold 2011 2500 Dodge Ram with a cap.
    look or the black GSP.
    Bobby G
    Socialism works great until you run out of other people's money..
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •