Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Wyoming

Cool Damn cold

So, My fiance' / Girlfriend lives there.... I do spend a great deal of time there.

The winter is hard, cold, and long... unless the wind blows.. then it is pure hell frozen over. - 28 this week, no wind chill included. And the wind does blow most of the time..

Bird wise, there are no pheasants around Laramie. It is a drive to Torrington where they have some area to hunt.. they also have a yearly deal around Glendo. Up North towards Montanna, closer to Cody, there are birds, actually a lot .. Was up there with the in-laws.. birds were running around all over.. that area is a farming area, with good habitat.

The school is a great though.. the town is a nice size.. and Cheyenne is 45 miles away where a person can get just about anything they need.. Ft. Collins CO is 60 miles to the South. There is a great set of mountains between Cheyenne and Laramie - Medicine Bow National Forest - they have miles and miles of trails, camping, climbing, and some fishing just 7 miles from Laramie. Big game everywhere in Wyoming.... and the beauty is, there are no people, no crowds, no waiting in line... If you like the outdoors, Wyoming is a great place... May move there myself, Colorado has gotten to be a zoo...

[QUOTE=Goatman;64161]So, My fiance' / Girlfriend lives there.... I do spend a great deal of time there.

The winter is hard, cold, and long... unless the wind blows.. then it is pure hell frozen over. - 28 this week, no wind chill included. And the wind does blow most of the time..

Bird wise, there are no pheasants around Laramie. It is a drive to Torrington where they have some area to hunt.. they also have a yearly deal around Glendo. Up North towards Montanna, closer to Cody, there are birds, actually a lot .. Was up there with the in-laws.. birds were running around all over.. that area is a farming area, with good habitat.

The school is a great though.. the town is a nice size.. and Cheyenne is 45 miles away where a person can get just about anything they need.. Ft. Collins CO is 60 miles to the South. There is a great set of mountains between Cheyenne and Laramie - Medicine Bow National Forest - they have miles and miles of trails, camping, climbing, and some fishing just 7 miles from Laramie. Big game everywhere in Wyoming.... and the beauty is, there are no people, no crowds, no waiting in line... If you like the outdoors, Wyoming is a great place... May move there myself, Colorado has gotten to be a zoo...[/QUOTE

dam Goatman, Sssssshhhhhuuuuuusssh up. He is not kidding.

Just got back, and you guys weren't kidding, seems like a sportsman's paradise. Locals said that there isn't much for pheasants but there is quite a bit of grouse around. No body seemed to be bird hunters, but I believe that is due to the great big game hunting. I'm looking forward to the next fall and hoping to be chasing some critters.

Thanks
    Chris

Chris, Glade you like it. Best of luck to you and yours in Laramie.