Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 254

Thread: UPH get together

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UGUIDE View Post
    It is prime habitat project kickoff time but I may be able to coordinate a stop in Granite on way out to farm I'll try to drag webguy with. He would make a great MC.
    If you guys want to do this, I can help promote this. If that date is confirmed, let's get the details to me and I'll get a write up to get people involved.

    I'll be there for support.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NW Iowa/wish it were SD
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webguy View Post
    If you guys want to do this, I can help promote this. If that date is confirmed, let's get the details to me and I'll get a write up to get people involved.

    I'll be there for support.
    I bet he will even provide hats.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Actually yes. A guy that works for me took care of it. Took forever.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,662

    Default

    Sounds fun, but I will not make it most likely. Trial season is on for me till June so I will be busy. I posted in the MN area before I saw this. Check out the idea I put up there too. It will be cheaper as well and I have a shooting preserve we can use here as well possibly so we may be able to avoid you sending in for free permits, but that is real easy too. Birds are 8-9 $ for either hens or roosters, and 4 bucks for pigeons if prefered. Any weekend most all summer long.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

    When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quad Cities IL.
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I wish I could make it to but like FC, I got trainning for HRC hunt trials this year
    Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Come on FC and Hyde, fit it in. I've got trials too and I plan to come. I will be in Iowa for a trial the weekend before and in Montana the weekend after.
    Last edited by Dakotazeb; 01-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SotaDakota
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I wish I could make it to but like FC, I got trainning for HRC hunt trials this year
    What better training, then to put the dog on some birds.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    What better training, then to put the dog on some birds.

    Yes thats what we will be doing. But we also can do this the way I tried to explain a heck of allot cheaper. I think you guy's should do it. And if you wish to come over for training on another weekend your welcome here.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

    When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    958

    Default

    FC
    If you want to do a get together at your place this summer post a date. It sounds like fun I could bring quail or chuckers also if needed. I have a remote bird launcher we could use for the smaller pups.

    I know the prices at the preserves are costly but I think Granite Falls is a good central location for a few of us. If you don't want to pay for birds but can show up shoot my birds while I work with the dog.
    I think Zeb said he would buy us all drinks afterwards
    If the date doesn't work for you and you can't make it thats alright.
    To much of anything is bad,But too much good Whiskey is barely enough. "Mark Twain"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post
    FC
    If you want to do a get together at your place this summer post a date. It sounds like fun I could bring quail or chuckers also if needed. I have a remote bird launcher we could use for the smaller pups.

    I know the prices at the preserves are costly but I think Granite Falls is a good central location for a few of us. If you don't want to pay for birds but can show up shoot my birds while I work with the dog.
    I think Zeb said he would buy us all drinks afterwards
    If the date doesn't work for you and you can't make it thats alright.
    Yea we'll have to do that. And I never shoot my birds either so thats a good point. I will see what dates I will be done trying to chase the dream. It would be neat to see all the different dogs work.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

    When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •