Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dog food survey

Has Purina ever documented how much of their protein in PPP is meat sourced?

As long as the dogs do well and seem to like it, does it matter ?

Since almost all the DCM research mentions the need for more meat protein and less plant/vegetable protein I guess it matters to me. YMMV .

Quote Originally Posted by Chestle View Post
    Since almost all the DCM research mentions the need for more meat protein and less plant/vegetable protein I guess it matters to me. YMMV .
    From the Purina website.

Ingredients
    Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Brewer's Rice, Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E), Poultry By-Product Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Whole Grain Corn, Corn Germ Meal, Fish Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Animal Digest, Fish Oil, Dried Egg Product, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Garlic Oil, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite. W-4461.
    Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (Min)...30.0%
    Crude Fat (Min)...20.0%
    Crude Fiber (Max)...3.0%
    Moisture (Max)...12.0%
    Linoleic Acid (Min)...1.8%
    Calcium (Ca)(Min)...0.9%
    Phosphorus (P)(Min)...0.7%
    Selenium (Se)(Min)...0.30mg/kg
    Vitamin A (Min)...15,000 IU/kg
    Vitamin E (Min)...500 IU/kg
    Ascorbic Acid* (Min)...100mg/kg
    Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)*(Min)...0.12%
    Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)*(Min)...0.12%
    Glucosamine* (Min)...500 ppm
    *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
    Feeding Instructions

That's the guaranteed analysis but it doesn't indicate how much of the 30% protein is from meat.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    That's the guaranteed analysis but it doesn't indicate how much of the 30% protein is from meat.
    Correct, but Chicken is the first ingredient. That's the extent of my contribution to this dog food thread.

Has anyone of you ever tried an independent company, i.e. "Dog Food Adviser" to get answers to your questions, complete breakdown analysis, ratings of all brands, reports of recalls on all dog & cat food brands, etc. If so, disregard this message. If not, you could always write them.