Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This up coming Weekend

Thumbs up This up coming Weekend

Well i,ve been taking in all the help over the last week and have planned a trip up north on Saturday to try my luck. We are going to work over the area around Loess Hills state park. If anyone has open land up there i would love to step onto private property. I hunt with my dad, brother, nephew and my 9 year old son. Dad, my brother and myself are the only ones that carry shotguns and have completed hunter safety.

Thanks in advance,

Fritter

Good Luck and report back. Do you have a public land map of the area and surrounding area?

I sure do... I have been looking them over to make sure I know my way around. I will update on Saturday night.

Thanks,

Fritter

where is this place ? have heard about it

Thumbs up

If you take interstate 29 you can get to it from two different exits they are exit 89 and also exit 95 and it sits to the east of the interstate. You can check out the map @ www.iowadnr.com and look it up under Harrison county.

Hope this help,

Fritter

oh ok ... anyone hunting around fort dodge this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    oh ok ... anyone hunting around fort dodge this weekend?
    Afraid not. I'm actually going to Iowa City and planning a quick morning hunt before the tailgating and then hopefully a combo hunt Sunday. Good luck this weekend though.

Default I too am curious...

Hey guys, I know I am new here but I am curious about this area as my wife and her family are from the West Harrison county area and unfortunately none of them are into hunting. I make the 8 hour drive back there every year atleast three times and have not been able to find ground to hunt. Hoping some of her friends that still live there can help out but never seems to materialize. Are there any other areas within 2 hours drive of Missouri Valley, IA that a homely coloradan could take a peak at? I even keep offering to take some of her family and friends on an elk hunt here but still haven't got out. Was even thinking of heading over to pheasant bonanza just to get time in the clay range and field. Good Luck and Drop Em'

rwalker, you may want to shoot up to the Souix City or north area. Pretty decent around there and north. Otherwise, maybe PheasantAddict could point you to an area a little closer.

Default Much Thanks

Appreciate the response, buddy of mine has family there and may have some connections. Bird numbers any good there? I keep hearing how bad you guys population is faling, but from what I've seen and heard a bad day there is an awesome day here!