Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 271,126

The birds are there, some of us just might have to wait until the "fairweather" hunters are staying at home in front of the fireplace. I dont care how cold it is, I went out when it was -30 last year and shot birds. Its all about determination...and love of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    The birds are there, some of us just might have to wait until the "fairweather" hunters are staying at home in front of the fireplace. I dont care how cold it is, I went out when it was -30 last year and shot birds. Its all about determination...and love of the game.
    how old are you? i use to go out in -30 below also. now if i have warm coffee and a few dougnuts in truck i aint getting out unless its a coyote in rifle range.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcloud27 View Post
    how old are you? i use to go out in -30 below also. now if i have warm coffee and a few dougnuts in truck i aint getting out unless its a coyote in rifle range.
    So your getting weak in your old age.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcloud27 View Post
    Lol, I am 27.

Quote Originally Posted by moellermd View Post
    So your getting weak in your old age.
    not weak just smarter. some of the stupid things i did when i was younger are starting to come back to haunt me. starting to get aches and pains and the cold just makes it worse. trucks have greatly improved over the years. love heated seats and adjustable cup holders

I am a cold weather guy too. This is when I have had some of the best hunting. Iowa at xmas, can't wait. Thats when I get back home so its always cold, plus it seems you guys have still left me plenty of birds. It is the heat that gets me. I can Ice fish in my under shorts.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

Quote Originally Posted by FCSpringer View Post
    I can Ice fish in my under shorts.
    I bet that makes the jewels shrivel up.

sent a shiver up my spine just thinking about it. brings back bad memories of being on call for gas company. coldest night i ever worked was -37. wind chill that night was -85 to -90. had to replace 4 frozen meters that night and i'm proud to say i didn't do it in my shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by FCSpringer View Post
    I am a cold weather guy too. This is when I have had some of the best hunting. Iowa at xmas, can't wait. Thats when I get back home so its always cold, plus it seems you guys have still left me plenty of birds. It is the heat that gets me. I can Ice fish in my under shorts.
    I'm with you there. I would much rather be playing outside in 10 degree weather than 100 degrees.

I'm with you there. I would much rather be playing outside in 10 degree weather than 100 degrees.
    i'll have to agree with you. went to arizona for the weekend. 108 degrees. couldnt wait to get back home to the 50's