Thread: Golden Retriever Breeders

Default Golden Retriever Breeders

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a golden in the next year or so, and am looking for some recommendations on breeders. I primarily pheasant hunt and dabble some in ducks and geese. I live in NJ so I will have to travel no matter what breeder I decide so location doesn't really matter for a recommendation. I'm also not looking to break the bank. I don't need a top of the line dog, this is a hobbie not a job. I figure 1500-2000 should be sufficient to get a good dog from a good breeder. So, let's hear them, any suggestions?

Thanks

I just saw your post and thought I need to respond! I just got a breeding done this past weekend with one of my females. I have sold dogs to guys on this sight and have a pretty good track record for satisfied clients. All the info about the litter is on my website nelsonkennel.com

My female is 50 pounds and dark red. I bred her to a 55 pound male who is dark red as well. Both dogs are great hunting dogs. The male has over 50 Master Hunter passes without a fail! My female has a Junior Hunt test title on her. What that means is that both dogs are trainable and have the backing of a standardized test to confirm that. We raise the pups in our home so they are socialized and handled on a daily basis. If you are interested go to the website and send me an email. These pups will be on the ground in May and ready to go home in July.

Default David0311

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I just saw your post and thought I need to respond! I just got a breeding done this past weekend with one of my females. I have sold dogs to guys on this sight and have a pretty good track record for satisfied clients. All the info about the litter is on my website nelsonkennel.com

My female is 50 pounds and dark red. I bred her to a 55 pound male who is dark red as well. Both dogs are great hunting dogs. The male has over 50 Master Hunter passes without a fail! My female has a Junior Hunt test title on her. What that means is that both dogs are trainable and have the backing of a standardized test to confirm that. We raise the pups in our home so they are socialized and handled on a daily basis. If you are interested go to the website and send me an email. These pups will be on the ground in May and ready to go home in July.
    I’m a Lab. Guy through and through—HOW EVER IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A GOLDEN—THIS IS NOT A CHANCE I WOULD PASS UP-
    ANY THING FROM GOLDEN BOY IS —GOOD AS GOLD—(sorry couldn’t resist)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Goldenboy, thank you very much for the information. I'm not sure if a puppy is in the cards for as early as this July, but if I can work it out, you may be hearing from me soon.