Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey Opener NOT Delayed

Hunting and fishing is exempt.

https://governor.kansas.gov/governor...mbat-covid-19/

Quote Originally Posted by Governors Statement
    Under Executive Order 20-16, Kansans are directed to stay home unless performing one of the following essential activities:

Obtaining food, medicine and other household necessities;
    Going to and from work at a business or organization performing an essential function as identified in the Kansas Essential Function Framework;
    Seeking medical care;
    Caring for children, family members or pets, or caring for a vulnerable person in another location;
    Engaging in an outdoor activity, provided individuals maintain a distance of six feet from one another and abide by the 10-person limitation on gathering size.

I need to post some photos but I'm highly debating removing one of the "boys" that visit our business...ha - it really wouldn't be hunting per se (of course I'd buy a tag) but we have turkey's outside our business in Topeka pretty much all year - 5 Toms were steps outside my office door today and I can hear the boss Tom gobbling - I think 7 hens were up here eating.

We nicknamed one of them "Billy BadAss" last year and we could tell him by his broken fan - he was the head honcho for sure - I'm pretty sure he's still the head dude but he now has a perfect fan.

I know one of our residents would love to eat one so may thin out some of the competition if I buy a cross bow...

Some Non-Residents now have to self quarantine for 14 days before hunting.

Notice
    Turkey Season: All 2020 spring seasons will continue as planned, including the spring turkey season. Hunters traveling from states listed on the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s “Travel Quarantine List,” referenced here http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus, must self-quarantine upon arrival for 14 days prior to hunting and/or checking into a state park cabin. Refunds will be available for those no longer able to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by westksbowhunter View Post
    Some Non-Residents now have to self quarantine for 14 days before hunting.

Notice
    Turkey Season: All 2020 spring seasons will continue as planned, including the spring turkey season. Hunters traveling from states listed on the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s “Travel Quarantine List,” referenced here http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus, must self-quarantine upon arrival for 14 days prior to hunting and/or checking into a state park cabin. Refunds will be available for those no longer able to travel.
    Excellent info. Thank you.
    - From the office of Colt, Stoeger, Browning & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

My 9 year old had success on the opener yesterday. .410 single shot, #9 TSS at 7 yards.
    QRdGwcP.jpg

oM44M5Q.jpg

0cnuW6Z.jpg

tPFQc23.jpg

Very nice! Great pics. That tss is something else....

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    My 9 year old had success on the opener yesterday. .410 single shot, #9 TSS at 7 yards.
    QRdGwcP.jpg

oM44M5Q.jpg

0cnuW6Z.jpg

tPFQc23.jpg
    Fantastic! At seven yards. That's getting and staying stealthy and steady.
    - From the office of Colt, Stoeger, Browning & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country