Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pheasant Fest

Quote Originally Posted by Gatzby View Post
    Joel I will be in the GMHTA booth Friday. If I’m not there I will be in the Kinetic booth. Please stop and say hi. I might bring the 2020 MN Pheasant Open Winner with me.
    I will try to look you up if I am there on Friday. Will you be there any ther days?

I will be spending time in the Blue Nest Beef booth, as I produce grass finished beef for them.

Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    I will be spending time in the Blue Nest Beef booth, as I produce grass finished beef for them.
    you guys have fun up there, appreciate an overview when you get back home. TY

Stopped by the CZ booth and Beretta booth and was more than a little disappointed. Hopefully the guys working each booth were just working for comp tickets and not being paid. I realize that many outdoorsman tend to fall on the introvert side of the personality scale, but really ???

My eighteen year old son is looking to buy an entry level auto for hunting, trap league and clays. BPS pump has been good, but an easier second shot and less recoil on a longer day would be nice.

We stopped at the CZ both - twice. First guy really had no idea on the differences between the different grades or what after market options (chokes, etc) may be available. We circled over to the Beretta booth and the two guys could not even get out of their chairs. Tried to ask a question and got a quick yep.

Circled back to the CA both to look at the 912 ... I looked at one CZ rep and started to ask him to come over and talk with my son ... he ignored and turn 180 to talk with to other CZ reps.

Both the A300 and CZ912 seemed like nice guns. He had fun holding them and pointing to the sky. Would have been great if someone would have told him gas vs. inertia, choke tubes available, etc... Also note that neither place was that busy ...

Good time talking with the dog guys especially a few of the other point breed guys. Fun, although I do not believe I am yet persuaded to move away from another Brittany.

Took a break, sat down and listened to a few guys talk about MO, KS, NE public land hunting. Need to actually get out there one fall.
    Last edited by BRITTMAN; 02-15-2020 at 09:04 PM.

I attended Friday afternoon and am glad I went. First time there. I probably wouldn't drive several hours to attend, but will make an effort to attend each time it is in MN. With a record attendance, I'm guessing it will be back every 3-5 years.

Probably more vendor deals than I was expecting. Most vendors were 10-50%, so I picked up a few things that I have always wanted but would never pay full price for (more of wants than needs). Of course, any deal you get could also be wiped out by gas, parking, and admission tickets. But luckily I carpooled to split gas and parking and had a free tickets. I only had a couple hours I could spend there, so only walked the vendor floor. But would have enjoyed engaging a bit more with different vendors, speakers, events, etc.

There were 2:1 specials on PF website, Groupon had a special and KFAN (radio) had FREE tickets via a promo offer coupon code.

Did anybody stop by the Blue Nest Beef Booth and try some grass fed burger? Those guys are really trying to do something about habitat in a way that does not involve the government. Private business teaming with The Audubon Society. Already have 2 million acres signed up and hoping for 2 million more. Great burger, it was the best smelling booth there.

2021, Pheasantfest is back to Sioux Falls, I will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    Did anybody stop by the Blue Nest Beef Booth and try some grass fed burger? Those guys are really trying to do something about habitat in a way that does not involve the government. Private business teaming with The Audubon Society. Already have 2 million acres signed up and hoping for 2 million more. Great burger, it was the best smelling booth there.
    bluenestbeef.com
    link to their website, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    bluenestbeef.com
    link to their website, check it out!
    https://bluenestbeef.com/marshall-johnson/

Yes it is a great website and here is a link to the Audubon guy video.