Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: How are the roads?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    314

    Default How are the roads?

    I saw a lot of pictures of people being stuck in ditches last weekend because of the rain! I was hoping to take the boys out this weekend to NW/NC Kansas for a late deer/pheasant hunt but don't want make the 5 hour drive to find out we can't get off the pavement.

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuttCrazed View Post
    I saw a lot of pictures of people being stuck in ditches last weekend because of the rain! I was hoping to take the boys out this weekend to NW/NC Kansas for a late deer/pheasant hunt but don't want make the 5 hour drive to find out we can't get off the pavement.

    Thanks!
    Sanded roads can be driven on. I would not attempt a dirt road. The rain made them soft but it was the snow and freezing rain that destroyed them on Sunday.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rolla Mo
    Posts
    273

    Default

    muddy truck.jpg
    roads wee not too good this weekend.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hunted just south of Colby this weekend/monday and agree with bow hunter. Sanded/gravel roads seemed fine but any dirt road was risky once the temp got above freezing. South of I-70 did not get much snow so the roads may be better by this weekend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mid Missouri
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watermen View Post
    muddy truck.jpg
    roads wee not too good this weekend.
    Yep. Dodge vs. Ford. Dodge won!
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Thanks for the responses, hopefully it isn't too bad this weekend!! I will find out tomorrow.

  7. #7

    Default

    Currently in hays headed to wakeeney/ hoxie/hill city will update tonight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nparks1 View Post
    Currently in hays headed to wakeeney/ hoxie/hill city will update tonight
    Please do, we are heading out early Saturday morning.

    Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default

    Same as mentioned before sand and gravel are ok. Do not attempt dirt! It looked dry 30min in 4x4 to go a mile🙈

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stillwater MN
    Posts
    307

    Default

    If anyone can please update. Heading to Hill City from MN next Friday. Guess it doesn't really matter as we are coming no matter what but getting stuck sux.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •