Thread: ~ That Special Look ~

Default ~ That Special Look ~

rbvoG+SdRHShVc2iWRDxeQ_thumb_b130_Fotor.jpg
    ~ That Special Look ~ SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH

Those o' us that work with and hunt o'er dogs know that special look a gun dog exhibits whilst they are making bird. Hard to describe, an almost trance like state o' being with all senses on high alert as driven by some unseen primal force hardwired within their DNA.

Me dogs and I live for these moments of encountering birds and we work as a team in hopes o' bringing game to the bag. I love the near telepathic communication betwixt dog and gunner, posturing, purposeful movement, careful sampling o' the wind, and that pause before moving in for the flush, all done in silent and effective transference. Time seemingly stands still as such beautiful drama unfolds during our experiences afield.

Me 22 month old yellow Labrador Retriever gun dog trainee MAC is seen here as he enters the zone that triggers that special look.

I invite others to share in this thread in posting images o' ye dog's on the hunt.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
    Last edited by IRISHWHISTLER; 12-28-2019 at 09:42 PM.

1st paragraph... improper use of the word "whence".

But seriously, great picture! That's almost the sole reason I chase pheasants all over the place - to watch my dog work them & try to get him a mouthful of feathers. Unfortunately, there are no still-life photo opps when hunting with a springer (unless he stops to potty). Unless you capture stills from a video, you can only get them after the hunt.
    20191221_122132.jpg
    Last edited by A5 Sweet 16; 12-30-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by A5 Sweet 16 View Post
    1st paragraph... improper use of the word "whence".

But seriously, great picture! That's almost the sole reason I chase pheasants all over the place - to watch my dog work them & try to get him a mouthful of feathers. Unfortunately, there are no still-life photo opps when hunting with a springer (unless he stops to potty). Unless you capture stills from a video, you can only get them after the hunt.
    A5,
    Nice photo. 👍

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Awesome photos to both A5 and Mike. I wish I could find the patience to take pics in the field! Those pictures capture the moment for eternity. If it wasn’t for the dog work and that special bond, not sure how much I would be hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Chessie 67 View Post
    Awesome photos to both A5 and Mike. I wish I could find the patience to take pics in the field! Those pictures capture the moment for eternity. If it wasn’t for the dog work and that special bond, not sure how much I would be hunting...
    Chess,
    Thanks for ye kind comments Mate. I agree that the dog work is a major element o' why I hunt.

Cheers,
    Mike 🇮🇪🇺🇸☘️

Not a pic while hunting, but this one of Betty & I perfectly illustrates that bond between hunting partners...

And one of Josie & I in the field at first light...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Labs; 12-29-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    Not a pic while hunting, but this one of Betty & I perfectly illustrates that bond between hunting partners...

And one of Josie & I in the field at first light...
    Nice shot, a special bond most surely.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

I applaud your photos. I love seeing your dogs. Our 2 1/2 year old viszla Ellie has not only formed a bond with me beyond imagine, Ellie has improved my relationship with my wife who now loves to tag along and photograph/video hunts. Here are some photos that she has taken.
    Ellie.jpg
    Ellie2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NDPheasant View Post
    I applaud your photos. I love seeing your dogs. Our 2 1/2 year old viszla Ellie has not only formed a bond with me beyond imagine, Ellie has improved my relationship with my wife who now loves to tag along and photograph/video hunts. Here are some photos that she has taken.
    Ellie.jpg
    Ellie2.jpg
    Nice shots, props to ye bride.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸