Thread: Little brag report!

Default Little brag report!

I have a new pup out of my kennel that I brought to North Dakota last week. She just turned 5 months old today Dec. 9th! We got into a few roosters in one spot and while her mother was retrieving a down bird my newest girl Randi flushed her first wild pheasant! I was able to shoot that bird and enjoy watching that little pup get her first retrieve on a wild North Dakota rooster! Of course the phone was in the truck so I wasn't able to get a picture, but the memory is etched in my mind. Proud as can be she pranced around with that bird. She ran hard for 3 days and was a part of all the action. That is some of the best training you can get for a young pup. Looking forward to many more retrieves from her but the first one is always the best!

That will always be a good memory! We got a new pup coming this winter, and next fall we will make some similar memories.

always a great moment when your pups points/flushes their first rooster that you can drop for them to retrieve.
    River - 3 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 5 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 6 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

Sometimes it is best to live in the moment anyway, and not spoil it by pulling out the phone and taking pics. I'm sure you'll get a zillion pics of her over the next decade or so anyway! Congrats on the pup's first flush and retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I have a new pup out of my kennel that I brought to North Dakota last week. She just turned 5 months old today Dec. 9th! We got into a few roosters in one spot and while her mother was retrieving a down bird my newest girl Randi flushed her first wild pheasant! I was able to shoot that bird and enjoy watching that little pup get her first retrieve on a wild North Dakota rooster! Of course the phone was in the truck so I wasn't able to get a picture, but the memory is etched in my mind. Proud as can be she pranced around with that bird. She ran hard for 3 days and was a part of all the action. That is some of the best training you can get for a young pup. Looking forward to many more retrieves from her but the first one is always the best!

Outstanding! Randi, you have earned my respect!...

Watching those young dogs get the hang of it...much fun! Congrats Joel!

Very nice moment you will always remember, she sounds like she’s going to be a great dog