Thread: Rabbits and Birds

Default Rabbits and Birds

Hey everyone, Im from Kentucky and travel to Kansas with some buddies to rabbit hunt, so your birds are safe with us. We dont want anyones secret spot. Weve been hunting the mine lands down by big Brutus but never jump any birds.
    This year my buddies mentioned going somewhere more northwest where we have a better chance on jumping birds while we Rabbit hunt. Again Im not looking for your spots just want to know the chances of jumping pheasants and quail on these wmas. We are looking at Wilson, Glen Elder, and Smokey hill/Kanoplois. We want rabbits, birds are just a bonus. Thanks in advance.

are you hunting rabbits with dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Hey everyone, I’m from Kentucky and travel to Kansas with some buddies to rabbit hunt, so your birds are safe with us. We don’t want anyone’s secret spot. We’ve been hunting the mine lands down by big Brutus but never jump any birds.
    This year my buddies mentioned going somewhere more northwest where we have a better chance on jumping birds while we Rabbit hunt. Again I’m not looking for your spots just want to know the chances of jumping pheasants and quail on these wma’s. We are looking at Wilson, Glen Elder, and Smokey hill/Kanoplois. We want rabbits, birds are just a bonus. Thanks in advance.
    Whoaaa...this is a new angle. Congrats on creativity. Yes, you'll find birds, and rabbits, in all the areas you mentioned, but your driving past a buttload of rabbits on the way here.

Yes we have several beagles we take. We have rabbits around home we just like trying new things.

Thanks for the reply. Here is how i came up with going way out there. I found the biggest wma closet to us, which is Milford and Perry. I called down there and was told that they flooded so bad it ruined a ton of cover and was told that we will not jump any birds. Kind of made me think on the rabbits to. So I picked the next 3 largest which was Glen Elder, Wilson, and Smokeyhills. If my buddies didnt want birds so bad I wouldnt be driving that far Mill Creek I dont need exact location but do you mind sharing some good rabbit areas. If you rabbit hunt I get not telling me . Thanks