Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Know how to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster24 View Post
    Goose.....I always like your posts, but even I am having a hard time with your last post.....just hard to believe you carry new starters with you!!!

Sounds like he had it as a spare for his.

Goose.....I always like your posts, but even I am having a hard time with your last post.....just hard to believe you carry new starters with you!!!
    When you drive a '72 F-O-R-D (Dodge reference) "Farm Truck", you learn quickly that it's important to keep spare parts handy.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

[QUOTE=Goosemaster;254076]
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    good points, i agree.[/QUOT. Yes, a 6 pack of pbr, or something like that.I do, unlike you, have a problem with pay hunting.You don't realize that all hunting will be pay hunting, in the future.Thumbs down!

Quote: And that said, there is nothing wrong with the people who charge big money to hunt their land. They own the land, they pay taxes on the land, they maintain the land. All of that takes time, effort, and money on their behalf.

while i don't support this myself, if i am the landowner i still have the right to do this....pretty simple. agree or not, the public does not have permission on private ground.
    the pay hunter is simply purchasing the right to hunt....like the farmer, who is simply planting corn to sell at the elevator.

If you plant any crop you have costs. Land, seed, fertilizer, planting equipment, harvest equipment just to name a few. If you set aside land for wildlife you have costs. Land, seed, planting equipment just to name a few. If the return on either crop d oes not exceed the expense it cannot continue. I f people did not pay for hunting there would be a lot more hunting pressure on public land. Mr. Goosemaster I assume you do not mind if landowners invest in producing corn, soybeans or wheat. I assume it is alright to get paid for the crops produced. So if some landowner invests in wildlife is it alright to get paid for the crop produced?

I know right? It was a freak coincidence. It wasn't new, but had been rebuilt, and I had it tested. When I saw that pick up, I remembered the starter, then it was a matter of having the right engine.