Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glucosamine Chondroitin

Quote Originally Posted by mutthunt View Post
    As a pharmacist, I'm glad to hear that you are having success with G/C. It's very worth it to get an extra season or two out of our dogs. It's such a pity that the smarter the dogs get, the less they can do what they're great at.

On a side note, I would really, really, really discourage buying medication from Amazon. Amazon is absolutely lousy with knock offs. Whether you select the cheapest product that comes from China, or the one fulfilled by Amazon, you have no idea what you're actually getting. Best case you save $5 bucks on the real thing. Worst case you give your best hunting pal who-knows-what in pill form. Lots of companies wont sell to Amazon any more (Nike is the most recent) due to low fidelity in order fulfillment. I still use Amazon, but never for anything that goes on me or in me.

Any brick and mortar will be better than Amazon. If you can find it at a local pharmacy all the better, but Walgreens/CVS/Target/etc is still better than Amazon.

And FWIW, Chewy is only slightly better than Amazon.
    You know it's kind of ironic that you mentioned Chewy because I went to the manufacturer's website for Cosequin DS and they have a "Where to buy" option on their main page and whoa and behold one of the retailers they listed was Chewy.com....

I started giving my 14 year old lab Betty glucosamine daily when she was 10 and she is still hunting hard. She gets a dose of Next Level on her food twice daily...
    Last edited by Labs; 12-02-2019 at 09:07 AM.

I look at it as a cheap preventative measure. If you use the Club store generic and buy on sale, you aren't risking much for a potentially large gain.