Thread: Winnebago and Kossuth County Public Hunting

Default Winnebago and Kossuth County Public Hunting

How is the public hunting in Winnebago and Kossuth Counties? Going to be up there for a 4 days the second week of December. How hard is it to get permission on private land?

Haven't hunted up there this year, but it should be a better area in Iowa. Your problem on private and to some extent on public will be shotgun deer season will be open Dec, 7-22. Good luck if you head out!

What Randy said. Try to schedule around the shogun deer seasons...things get "sporty" during these times. I switched from shotgun to archery and now late muzzleloader for deer.
    For private ground, if you don't have a local contact, it might be a challenge on private property. Don't look like a bunch of "city kids" or like "professional" hunters with large groups and a herd of dogs when seeking permissions. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by remy3424 View Post
    What Randy said. Try to schedule around the shogun deer seasons...things get "sporty" during these times. I switched from shotgun to archery and now late muzzleloader for deer.
    For private ground, if you don't have a local contact, it might be a challenge on private property. Don't look like a bunch of "city kids" or like "professional" hunters with large groups and a herd of dogs when seeking permissions. Good luck.
    It will be me and my dog only. Going to wait and go at Christmas.

Hey West, did you make it to IOWA? If so, how was it? I hunt more of Woodbury, Cherokee and Plymouth counties and had my best year ever. Should be able to hunt this final saturday and maybe sunday yet.