Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long-winded thoughts (for what they're worth)

Quote Originally Posted by 1pheas4 View Post
    I'm having a difficult time feeling sorry for you Mike. How did you do your first day out there?
    That makes 2 of us.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Enjoyed the write-up and pictures. Hoping I can get to SD soon but life & work have been relentlessly getting in the way this year. May end up targeting a late season hunt if the weather cooperates otherwise KS or NE may be in the cards....
    Thanks. Hope your able to line up a great trip. Now, about your signature..... Think about all those guys & their fancy pointers, hunting private land, full of birds that have never been hunted. We musn't show prejudice. But I can't say I disagree.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Bret...bird down on the ice. I wasn't aware we were so close to open water; cattails very high and thick.

Regards the tinkering on an A5...the old 12ga, A5 had an issue with the carrier not returning to the original position. I decided I could fix this so I removed the four screws on the left side of the gun and the stock bolt and pulled the trigger group out.

On this gun the carrier spring is along side the receiver wall. Managed to remove the spring and re-bend and now the gun operates as it should. First time I have ever tried removing this level of parts on the gun. It was easier that I thought.

How about you? Do you take down the gun this far? There are some good videos that clearly shows how these parts are assembled. I would be hesitant to remove any more parts, however!

I loved the story and the dog is so handsome.