Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamberlain area

Default Chamberlain area

Heading to the Chamberlain area from St. Louis next Saturday to do some pheasant hunting. Just wanted to check to see how thing look in that area! Is there still lots of crops in the field or have most of them been taken out? Heading out with my dad and my buddy whos retiring from the military this coming winter! Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I hunted Chamberlain area on opening day. Many crops were still in then, obviously due to the wet conditions. Haven't been back since, but most crops out here near Sioux Falls are getting taken out now, so I imagine it is the same near Chamberlain. Sorry, I know that isn't much help. Hope you have a great hunt!

Any info is great thank you for the update. A bad year in SD is still better then any year in any other state

that may not be true this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GOSKERS View Post
    Any info is great thank you for the update. A bad year in SD is still better then any year in any other state
    Just finished hunting Chamberlain area. Plenty of birds. Lots of corn standing, but birds are there. Hunted ditches and smoked their ass with the help of our GSP's.

The weekend of Nov 1 we were in The Chamberlain area. There were definitely birds, but even more hunters. It was tough to find any real estate that didnt have hunters everywhere.

The corn was maybe 20% picked but they were picking all over.

Thanks for the info. Im hoping by Sunday a lot of the corn is out. Mostly going to be road hunting and hopefully stumble across some CRP. We will be out there with 2 GSPs. One of them will be her first full year. Last year she got caught in a barb wore on the first day so. We are considering this still her rookie year. Hoping for some good luck lots of birds and good weather.
    Thanks for the info

How did the trip go?

Still up here will return back home on Friday. So far 3 man limit all 3 days. Its tough work lots of miles but if you can shot straight and willing to put the work in you can get them.

That's what I'm talking about! Mostly public? How's water/crops looking?