Thread: SD, Was tough going this year! Still a Blast!!!

Default SD, Was tough going this year! Still a Blast!!!

Great trip to SD as usual. Dogs did well. We had alot of fun. Made memories. That's what it's all about right?

I'm not exactly sure if the bird numbers were down, but I'm sure they were, due to the flooding and fields that were not able to get planted. People that live back in SD have never seen this kind of water on their property ever!!!! I was amazed at how much water there was. There were places we normally hunt that are huge lakes now. I could not believe it.

We had a hard time finding birds Friday, Saturday, Sunday. With the weather changing on Sunday & Monday, and getting snow and cold, we started to see more birds on Monday.

Attached are just a few of my pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Usually a road going through there.

20191111_152105.jpg20191111_152110.jpg

great pictures. No matter what I always have a blast hunting pheasants.

Pheasant hunting is the best of all types if you ask me...only wild birds for me though. Anyway, growing up in Ohio and now living in Georgia, I think SD is great and don't dwell on the # of birds put in the bag. It is about so much more. To put it into perspective, I can flush more wild birds there in a single hunt than the cumulative of my experience of Ohio hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog23 View Post
    Great trip to SD as usual. Dogs did well. We had alot of fun. Made memories. That's what it's all about right?

I'm not exactly sure if the bird numbers were down, but I'm sure they were, due to the flooding and fields that were not able to get planted. People that live back in SD have never seen this kind of water on their property ever!!!! I was amazed at how much water there was. There were places we normally hunt that are huge lakes now. I could not believe it.

We had a hard time finding birds Friday, Saturday, Sunday. With the weather changing on Sunday & Monday, and getting snow and cold, we started to see more birds on Monday.

Attached are just a few of my pictures.
    That's a nice pic. I'd like to have a black lab.Top shelf Bird dog.