Thread: Pheasant Scouting Report

Default Pheasant Scouting Report

Took a run out to eastern Colorado this past Saturday to scout some of my favorite areas and things look good. A lot of CRP was lost due to Farm Bill requirements but with the help of the PF C4C program some of this loss has been offset. There was a ton of corn still standing so hunting the WIA’s probably won’t be at its best until the corn comes down. Please respect the farmers and stay out of their standing corn. I saw some good bird numbers and I am optimistic for a season that will be comparable to last season. I guarantee another opening day circus out there so please be extremely careful when driving those dirt roads and especially when pulling that trigger. I’m going to wait for mid-week to start my season and I’ll let you guys and gals have all the opening day excitement you want.
    Shoot straight.
    Last edited by sig_mech; 11-05-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Just a boy and his dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by sig_mech View Post
    Took a run out to eastern Colorado this past Saturday to scout some of my favorite areas and things look good. A lot of CRP was lost due to Farm Bill requirements but with the help of the PF C4C program some of this loss has been offset. There was a ton of corn still standing so hunting the WIAís probably wonít be at its best until the corn comes down. Please respect the farmers and stay out of their standing corn. I saw some good bird numbers and I am optimistic for a season that will be comparable to last season. I guarantee another opening day circus out there so please be extremely careful when driving those dirt roads and especially when pulling that trigger. Iím going to wait for mid-week to start my season and Iíll let you guys and gals have all the opening day excitement you want.
    Shoot straight.
    good advice, smart guy...good luck!

Its been spotty, ive had some good shooting, my dog has made some great retrieves.20191104_133305.jpg