Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: roll call

Heading to northcentral/northwest our group is smaller, but we added one of the guys son. He is 13 and is excited, I just hope that we can produce some birds for him. From what my farmer is saying, harvest is done and pheasants are down. I don't care much about the pheasants, I just hope that the quail are still decent.

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by KSWLA; 11-06-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smizell View Post
    Heading to northcentral/northwest our group is smaller, but we added one of the guys son. He is 13 and is excited, I just hope that we can produce some birds for him. From what my farmer is saying, harvest is done and pheasants are down. I don't care much about the pheasants, I just hope that the quail are still decent.
    Great that you are getting a young hunter out! I hope he has some success.

Don't know what our plan is.

Maybe a walk on Saturday morning before a basketball classic.

Leaving Georgia Thursday evening headed to NC Kansas. Canít wait!!!

going to skip on the opener. I'll head up from Texas after the weekend to hunt during the week-going to watch for the "cooler" weather days.

Headed from Central Kentucky to NE Kansas. Will hunt combination of WIHA and private. Taking 10 dogs- mix of English Pointers and setters. Always enjoy the trip and seeing old friends. This is our 8th trip to the area in about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gettinbirdie View Post
    going to skip on the opener. I'll head up from Texas after the weekend to hunt during the week-going to watch for the "cooler" weather days.
    sent you a PM.

Hate to be a downer but, in speaking with our tenant farmer that harvested nearly 5000 acres of corn and another farmer friend (and he is also a big time hunter which is unusual for a farmer) that harvested nearly that much, between the two of them they saw exactly two (2) pheasants and only a couple of small coveys of quail. Land is spread over 5 different counties.

Probably staying out of the fields until next week. To many humans for my likes.