Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combines Rolling Miner and Sanborn Co?

Default Combines Rolling Miner and Sanborn Co?

Title says it all. Havenít seen much about crop status since before opener.
    Thanks

I think this is the case throughout much of South Dakota. Another couple weeks of good weather and the majority of crops will be out of the field.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Got a text from North central part of the state this evening. 4000 acres of beans out. Started on corn. This is the exception of the guys I e talked to as most haven’t started yet. All I will say is once it’s fit there won’t be much sleeping going on. They are gonna be busy.

In laws got all their beans out end last week. South of Aberdeen. Other family members up that way were wrapping up with beans as well.

not a lot of combines rolling in those two counties...some, just some...crops still pretty moist...

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    not a lot of combines rolling in those two counties...some, just some...crops still pretty moist...
    I'm hunting in northern sanborn and southern beadle . Lots of beans still in and a sea of corn. To say it is wet would be a great under statement. We did good Saturday but struggled yesterday. Ducks everywhere. One more day to hunt than homebound

Northeast Miner....some beans have been picked. Little to no corn.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by A5 Sweet 16 View Post
    Northeast Miner....some beans have been picked. Little to no corn.
    Any current intel/updates?

Quote Originally Posted by BirddogGSP View Post
    Any current intel/updates?
    Some more beans picked. Little corn.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Just got back from that area. Temp hit 6 one morning, 2-3 inches of snow, ducks and geese were heading south in droves - fun to watch.

My observation - pretty unscientific - most beans picked, very little corn. Talked to farmer friends and they said part of the problem is the moisture in the corn, not just wet ground. Saw very little corn being harvested even on higher, drier ground.

Hunting was the toughest I've seen in decades. Some of my usual sweet spots held no birds. Most of our success was late afternoon I think as birds were leaving the corn.

Motels usually full were almost empty, no lines at restaurants, has to be tough on their economy. I hate rubber boots but its all I got to wear. Glad I didn't put the hip boots on but to cross some of the ditches would have needed them. Friends that have lived there 50 years think its the wettest fall they've seen. Did a lot of backing the truck up because of flooded roads.

Good news is the birds we found held pretty well. Strangely some days we did not see a hen only roosters, maybe 80% of the birds we flushed were roosters. All our roosters were mature birds, none I would call late hatch.

Looking forward to going back when more corn is picked.