Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Gauge Semi feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
    I did a bit of research on your problem: try baking soda and water. Make a paste and scrub the stock. Apparently this works.

Good Luck!
    Thanks JonnyB! Will give that a try today! Hadn't thought of that one. Do you recall where you saw that? I'd like to read their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDogsCan2 View Post
    Chestle the pad on my m2 gummed up like that. There is a sleave the pad goes into. Pulling the pad off destroyed the pad and pulled the sleave out. I ending up having to hot glue the sleave back in and replace the pad. The tolerances aren't near as tight now and have some gapping between the stock and sleave/pad now
    BrownDogs, when I went through the sunflowers, it just pulled the pad. The cage/sleeve stayed in tight. When the replacement pad crumbled and I went to remove it, the sleeve/cage was still tight and the pad split a bit where it gets wide outside the cage.It finally popped out.

When I got the new gel pad, it was still tough to get the sleeve/cage out. I had to use a thin screwdriver blade on each side to compress it off the "notches" on the inside of the buttstock that hold the cage in. Started at the top of the stock where it is thin and eased it out from there.

The new gel pad fits tight in the sleeve/cage and the sleeve/cage popped back into the notches pretty tight as far as I can tell.

You might get Benelli to send you a new sleeve/cage and see if that one fits into the notches more tightly.

BTW, the new gel pad is really nice. Shoots even softer than before. They charge $100 for one though! Glad they gave it to me free.

Quote Originally Posted by BirddogGSP View Post
    Looking at new 20 gauge semi from Mossberg Sa20 and weatherby sa08 and Franchi element. Looking for some feedback, particularly long term reliability.
    I’ve got a TriStar labeled version of the Mossberg. Same gun. Same as the Weatherby in 28 guage also, but the Weatherby is different in 12 and 20’if I remember correctly. Mine is the Bronze version. I’ve only got 300 rounds through mine with no issues. TriStar gives a 5 year warranty. I bought mine from Buds where I also bought a “lifetime” warranty for $29. If they can’t fix it they’ll allow the cost against any gun they sell. I bought it purely as a Turkish experiment and curiousity. I’m going to buy a 28 for my kids after shooting it.

The trigger sucks. Online they say to buy a trigger spring from mcarbo.com to cut it in half. Mine was 7+ lbs from factory. Mcarbo spring dropped it to 6.75 lbs. Time for polishing stones.

All the reviews of actual owners versus keyboard commandos on shotgunworld and uplandjournal speak very favorably on them.

Another recommendation here for the Tristar Viper. My wife has the 20 gauge walnut stock youth model and loves it. Just bought her the 12 ga synthetic stock youth model, she hasn't had a chance to try it yet.

I have the Mossberg SA20. Used it during Dove season. Soft shooting and reliable. Heading to S.D. next week. Will see how it does with 3" shells. If I had a "do over" would buy the Tristar Viper G2. Reason is, Tristar will sell you parts, Mossberg won't.

Mossberg Bantam SA-20
    great little gun to say the least

I noticed in your response that your comfortech stock was getting "sticky/tacky". Although I don't know much about this product, I have a Browning Maxus with a synthetic stock that did the same thing. It had a "duratouch" finish that became sticky/tacky within the first year of owning it. A friend has the same gun that did the same thing. Earlier this year, after Browning was taken to court in a class action lawsuit, they began replacing and fixing all of the Maxus stocks that were affected. You may want to reach out to Benelli and see if it is a widespread issue.

I have the Mossberg SA20 and like it. It is a simple no frills gun. It is soft shooting and comfortable.

Thanks for feedback on 20s. I have an old Beretta al 303 that I might just use instead. She’s got beautiful furniture on her and no dings. Been a safe queen for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BirddogGSP View Post
    Thanks for feedback on 20s. I have an old Beretta al 303 that I might just use instead. She’s got beautiful furniture on her and no dings. Been a safe queen for some time.
    Try the Hevi-Bismuth on your older shotgun.