Thread: New from Northern Cali

Default New from Northern Cali

I just learned from joining this forum that I need to travel out of Cali for some true upland hunting, especially if I want to hunt wild pheasants. I do all my upland hunting with a .410 o/u and have learned and enjoyed every moment in God’s country. Looking forward to many more adventures. Safe hunting everyone.

Welcome aboard Steve. Have dogs?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Uplander Steve View Post
    I just learned from joining this forum that I need to travel out of Cali for some true upland hunting, especially if I want to hunt wild pheasants. I do all my upland hunting with a .410 o/u and have learned and enjoyed every moment in Godís country. Looking forward to many more adventures. Safe hunting everyone.
    might need a bit heavier medicine to knock down the pheasants....welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by UplandHntr View Post
    Welcome aboard Steve. Have dogs?
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I donít own a bird dog, yet, but I sometimes hunt with family and friends who own bird dogs. Since moving to northern Cali two years ago, I now hunt solo or with my two daughters and rely on a little luck to bump into game animals and upland birds. I donít hunt to fill the freezer so anything I bag is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    might need a bit heavier medicine to knock down the pheasants....welcome.
    Thanks! I own a 20ga o/u too, but for the past two years I haven’t felt the need to switch back, atleast not yet. I have yet to experience true wild pheasants, but the pheasants I hunt at the preserves definitely doesn’t require anything bigger.
    Last edited by Uplander Steve; 10-17-2019 at 09:42 AM.