Thread: Dog boots

Default Dog boots

Plan to be in an area that has cactus and sand burrs. Long ago I used a rubber dog boot(Lewis?) that seemed to work well. What is the state of the art in booting dogs now? Are rubber boots still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan swamp collies View Post
    Plan to be in an area that has cactus and sand burrs. Long ago I used a rubber dog boot(Lewis?) that seemed to work well. What is the state of the art in booting dogs now? Are rubber boots still available?
    you can still get Lewis boots........i like the boots from Dogbooties.com.......the heavy cordura ones might work......i use the light weight ones to reduce pad abrasion.

Lewis Boots for my GSP's. Make sure you use a sold boot as they also have vented ones.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Hey good point on the vented boots, I can see how that could cause problems. Thanks

The only time I've had to boot my dogs I used the tire tube method and it worked well.
    Pretty comical watching the dogs learn to walk with them on for the 1st time.

Only used Lewis when I’ve needed them. It is comical at first. If you use them, watch a video or two on properly attaching. Will save a lot of headaches.

And i agree on solid not vented. I’ve only used vented. Get a lot of sand in them.

Lewis boots are a good choice. If you decide on Lewis boots here is a real good video on how to put them on so they will stay on.

https://www.gundogsupply.com/video-h...wis-boots.html

The tire tube works well for sand burrs.