Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What trips do you have planned?

No big trips planned. Just the usual. Stay around home all fall & try to get out after 'em at least 20 times; hopefully more like 25. What with youth weekend, residents-only weekend, & the rest of October, puppy Ace should have them all figured out by Nov. 1. Not that I have high expectations or anything.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

487 miles from home in northeast Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by randywatson View Post
    Devils lake NR duck opener- with my 6 year old son, 12 year old lab and 1.5 year old lab.
    back to Devils Lake Oct 24-28th for ducks -
    South dakota roosters 28-30
    South Dakota roosters nov 25-27
    South Dakota roosters dec5-8
    hoping to get back out to SD for the last day of the season.

plus hunting roosters and geese around Rochester.

the 12 year old lab will most likely only hunt once this year. pretty bad arthritis in back legs and I think she may have tore a mcl 4 months ago while doing hot laps with the other pup. with her being 12 and already taking her 2 weeks to recover from her trip last december to sodak her number of hunts are getting fewer and fewer. I'll take her out still around Rochester on the family farm where we manage a few late season birds.

and chasing down the big buck with bow
    Sounds awesome! I wish I would have had a 12th year with my BLM Carver; but that was not to be. Take care of your old girl, let her hunt as much as she can!

MN opener, and weekend hunts, 2 trips to SD and IA for the opener and then multiple day trips to IA throughout the season.

I’m going to New Mexico for Duskys Sept 1. May go Kansas or Nebraska prairie chickens in late sept. I’m planning something oct 17 haven’t decided on that yet I only have 3 -4 days and live in Oklahoma. I’d love to go to Montana but that’d be a stretch I think time wise. In November I’ll make multiple trips to Kansas for pheasants. Then plenty of home state quail.

Roy Montana, then the high line, then southeast mt.

South Dakota this fall for the first time. Dogless, unfortunately. Will have pup shortly after returning (hopefully). Will probably use this year to educate myself for the future, but still excited.

I have a new english setter pup that has been working really well this summer and I canít wait to get him some wild bird contact. First trip is to Michigan the 2nd weekend of October for grouse and woodcock. Some desperate attempts at some pheasants in NW Indiana and quail in SW Indiana in November. Then our annual trip to Kansas in early December and maybe a late season weekend trip to Iowa. After all seasons have passed we always take a group of guys from church out in February to a local preserve. Great way to recruit new hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by quailhunter101 View Post
    I have a new english setter pup that has been working really well this summer and I canít wait to get him some wild bird contact. First trip is to Michigan the 2nd weekend of October for grouse and woodcock. Some desperate attempts at some pheasants in NW Indiana and quail in SW Indiana in November. Then our annual trip to Kansas in early December and maybe a late season weekend trip to Iowa. After all seasons have passed we always take a group of guys from church out in February to a local preserve. Great way to recruit new hunters.

Nebraska........ October opener for 5 days.
    Nebraska/Kansas.....November for 5 days.
    Kansas...................November for 5 days.
    Kansas/Nebraska.... November for 5 days.
    Kansas/Nebraska.... December for 5 days.
    Kansas.................. December for 5 days.
    Kansas/Nebraska....... January for 5 days.
    Kansas..................... January for 5 days.

40 days, should be enough for my pup!

Kansas, Dec 20th for 5-10 days depending on how things go

I'm going to hunt scobey in February, then Sumatra in December.