Thread: Meet Zep...a bad to good rescue story.

Default Meet Zep...a bad to good rescue story.

Here's Zep; she's a 2 1/2 year old registered female that is absolutely beautiful. The TexasGSP rescue contacted me and said the owner had her at the vets office to be euthanized. I then called the vet who put me on with owner and boom...she's in my truck and we are headed to a new and great life. She has been hunted and has a little obedience but she's very smart and will be fun to work with. She's a stout 62 lean pounds. I have no idea on how many GSP's I've rescued but they are fun to take and make something from nothing.
    Zep1.jpgZep2.jpg
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Can’t weight to here about your success , she’s a fine looking GSP , glad she was saved .

How could someone think to put down a dog like that? Unbelievable. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Creek View Post
    How could someone think to put down a dog like that? Unbelievable. Good for you.
    Agreed. Why was the former master going to put her down? I don't get it. Thanks for helping that dog. She looks like good company to me.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Quote Originally Posted by JMc View Post
    Here's Zep; she's a 2 1/2 year old registered female that is absolutely beautiful. The TexasGSP rescue contacted me and said the owner had her at the vets office to be euthanized. I then called the vet who put me on with owner and boom...she's in my truck and we are headed to a new and great life. She has been hunted and has a little obedience but she's very smart and will be fun to work with. She's a stout 62 lean pounds. I have no idea on how many GSP's I've rescued but they are fun to take and make something from nothing.
    Zep1.jpgZep2.jpg
    Powerful dog. Surely she will hunt like crazy.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Too "rough" with "our children" and "not enough time to spend with her" were the reasons I was given. Both valid but not excusable to the point of euthanization in my opinion. I'm glad the vet called TexasGSP Rescue.

My uncle has her and she's doing great. Loves water and is a sprinkler attacking machine. I'll post up some recent pics or video soon.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Hey JMc!!

Back story on Zep sounds like a photocopy of Young Bert's history, and he turned out to be the most memorable and entertaining dog I've ever had. His hunting was stellar, his enthusiasm was contagious, and his drive to just-plain BE ALIVE was astonishing.

Nice work. Great rescue.

Two tips: be patient. have a sense of humor. Both are necessary, but the results will live with you the rest of your life.

Best wishes.
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Yes patience is the key. I've rescued over 17 GSP's just in the TX Panhandle and have had some turn into great hunters and others into great pets. Zep may be one of the smartest and physically strongest. She is learning quickly.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Quote Originally Posted by JMc View Post
    Yes patience is the key. I've rescued over 17 GSP's just in the TX Panhandle and have had some turn into great hunters and others into great pets. Zep may be one of the smartest and physically strongest. She is learning quickly.
    SEVENTEEN RESCUES !!!!

Nice work, JMc!

I'm sure there is a statue of you in GSP heaven.

It seems to me that if it were not for folks like you, the hunting world (and the pet-owner's as well) would be suffering great, unnecessary losses.

Kinda heroic, really.

Thanks for all of us.
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Thanks for the kind words. Been around GSP's for a long time and they hold a special place in my heart. I encourage all of you to support your breeds rescue organizations.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX