Thread: Lost a best friend, looking for a new one

Default Lost a best friend, looking for a new one

It has been quite some time since ive logged onto this forum. A few years atleast. I remember this forum being instrumental in getting me connected and educated about all things bird dog related in Minnesota after I moved here from Georgia and it led me to meet some people I am lucky to call good friends today. Anyways, my 4 legged girl passed away unexpectedly. She was a special one and I was lucky to of found her and despite me having a difficult time working thru the grieving process I just can't imagine a home without a hunting dog in it. I would love if anyone could provide recommendations on some good labrador breeders in Minnesota. If its helfpul, here is what I loved about my girl. She was half brit/american so she had a good mix of drive coupled with lovely manners. As much as I love pheasant hunting, and I hunt roosters alot, I probably hunt waterfowl 80 percent of the time so someone who has that stableness to sleep in the blind until the birds rip thru is what Im looking for. I also enjoy the smaller labs. She was about 55 lbs and was about as big as I would want one (just my preference). Anyways, sorry for the rambles. It's been a rough couple of days. If you have any breeders you would recommend please let me know. Below is a photo of my "Dixie Chicken" in all of her glory. They sure do leave a big hole in our hearts don't they? Thanks everyone.IMG_20190706_112423_558.jpg
    The Lone Rooster

"Whistlin' Dixie Comin' Through The Trees"

Try Cashman Kennels and tell Matt or Karen what you want. I've hunted with him and his dogs several times over the years. I bought a dog from them with "Seeker" as the father. After hunting with my dog, several of my buddies have gotten dogs with Seeker as the father and several other friends are thinking about it. The comments are always around how calm and deliberate my dog is around the house, but, get out after the roosters and its game on....

https://cashmankennels.com/

Sorry about your dog. Always tough...….

sorry for your loss.

Try whispering pines labs in Milaca MN. We got our british lab Winnie from them.

I know of a litter that just hit the ground. Dam is a smaller dog probably 60-65 or so, she's titled AKC Senior hunter and has all her health clearances. Sire is an AKC Master hunter and is QAA. His pedigree is STACKED, and he has all his clearances. This a buddy of mines litter, I have no dog in the fight. I think 1 male and 1 female are available. PM me if interested
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

If you want to move away from the labs I have a litter of Golden's that was born last week. Good blood lines, great hunting dogs. Let me know if you are interested. They are one week old and I have one male left right now.

I've hunted with Joel and his Golden's. I was really impressed with how they worked. These will be nice puppies!