Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: With a heavy heart.........

Hi All, My name is JR and Jim was my step Dad. The memorial service was today and went as well as expected. Some of his local hunting friends gathered after the service and released pheasants into the habitat that he loved so much. Perhaps I can get a couple photos to BeirlSetters and he could post them here. I came into Jim's office tonight to just sit, this is where Mom found him after the heart attack. His computer was still on and I found myself here, it apparently was his favorite online "hangout". I know Jim enjoyed all the friendships he developed through hunting and some of you are on this forum. I hunted a lot with Jim when I was younger but got sidetracked by a busy life and having children. This fall was going to be my 6 year old daughters first year tagging along with her "Farm Grandpa" to "chase" pheasants. I was also looking forward to getting back into it. I took Bailey on a long walk tonight which she really enjoyed, she is a lost dog right now and I believe has realized that her master is gone. I thank you all for the memories about Jim and hope that you add some more. When things settle down I will join this forum as I don't know Jim's password for his account and I assume when I turn this computer off his account will be logged off. I hope those of you who knew Jim will continue his warmth and generosity to strangers and younger hunters that he was so well known for. That is what he would want his legacy to be and how he would want his friends to honor his memory. I know I am a better man for having him in my life. I look forward to seeing some of you this Fall on opening day! Sincerely, JR
    Pheasants Forever Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SDJIM View Post
    Hi All, My name is JR and Jim was my step Dad. The memorial service was today and went as well as expected. Some of his local hunting friends gathered after the service and released pheasants into the habitat that he loved so much. Perhaps I can get a couple photos to BeirlSetters and he could post them here. I came into Jim's office tonight to just sit, this is where Mom found him after the heart attack. His computer was still on and I found myself here, it apparently was his favorite online "hangout". I know Jim enjoyed all the friendships he developed through hunting and some of you are on this forum. I hunted a lot with Jim when I was younger but got sidetracked by a busy life and having children. This fall was going to be my 6 year old daughters first year tagging along with her "Farm Grandpa" to "chase" pheasants. I was also looking forward to getting back into it. I took Bailey on a long walk tonight which she really enjoyed, she is a lost dog right now and I believe has realized that her master is gone. I thank you all for the memories about Jim and hope that you add some more. When things settle down I will join this forum as I don't know Jim's password for his account and I assume when I turn this computer off his account will be logged off. I hope those of you who knew Jim will continue his warmth and generosity to strangers and younger hunters that he was so well known for. That is what he would want his legacy to be and how he would want his friends to honor his memory. I know I am a better man for having him in my life. I look forward to seeing some of you this Fall on opening day! Sincerely, JR
    JR,

I would be more than happy to post any pictures you send along. I am glad to hear that the service went well yesterday and we feel bad that we weren't able to get back out there to attend. I feel for Bailey as well. It was amazing to see the bond Jim and Bailey had, from hunting the property, watching birds at the feeder out the patio door and taking their ride together to get the mail. Any hunting dog owner knows they are more than just dogs they are family.

Below is the display from Jim's service. R.I.P my friend, you will be missed.Jim's Service.jpeg