Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With a heavy heart.........

Sorry to hear guys. He was the first to respond last year when my dad passed away. Never met the man but still have his pm he sent me. This group has lost a great man.

Jim will be missed there are not many like him.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog View Post
    Jim and I met one day off season as I searched him out as a contributor to this board who willingly opened his house and his land to those that were in need. We spent a great afternoon together with Jim showing me around all of his property, and what the plans were for each parcel in the future. We were always going to share a fishing trip, but that never happened. Jim has one of your setters, doesn't he chad? RIP Jim. We'll meet again..
    Reddog,

Yes Jim had a female English setters from us by the name of Bailey. I have attached a few pictures.BAILEY.jpgJIM AND BAILEY.jpg

So sad to read this. He truly was a steward of the land. What he was doing at his place to improve habitat was nothing short of amazing. I killed my first wild SD bird at Jim's place. Sad day indeed.

I have attached Jim Aune's obituary from the Mount Funeral home in Platte SD. Very difficult read for me after being with him on his last day. Visitation is tomorrow, Tuesday 930-1030am.

https://www.mountfuneralhome.com/boo...ames/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by BeirlSetters View Post
    I have attached Jim Aune's obituary from the Mount Funeral home in Platte SD.
    Wow. Thanks for sharing, Chad. I'm so sorry you lost a friend. Jim sounds like someone who'd figured out what matters in life & who had a positive impact on everyone he met.
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

I am just another of the many, to whom Jim opened his land, always free of any charge. My party came up to Platte from North Carolina, knowing no one, no dogs, not much experience or hope. Jim greeted us and immediately guided us across the road to a shelter belt full of birds. If I could shoot, I would have had my limit in one pass. We had too few years with him. I'm 76; may get back there again this fall, may not. But it won't be the same without SDJim. RIP.

Also sorry to hear about the loss of all ya'lls good friend. Those were some fantastic pictures, and I'm confident there are equally fantastic stories to accompany Jim. John from South Carolina.

Man that really sucks. I had conversed with him many times of his love for KU basketball and had made plans to see him a couple times while in SD but it never worked out. He seemed like a very giving man with a good heart. He was one of the one's on here that got me excited about hunting. Sorry about your friend I know you were close.

I never met SDJim but I sure enjoyed reading his posts here. Sounds like a really, really fine man. My condolences to the family and to you.