Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: brood report

Chestle, you realize this is a drawing. The more people that put in reduces your chances.

I know it's a draw. Last year there were leftover licenses. If this helps make a good trip for someone, good deal.

If my group doesn't draw, it's not the end of the world. I won't have to buy new waders either!

I kinda doubt that many people will even see that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestle View Post
    I know it's a draw. Last year there were leftover licenses. If this helps make a good trip for someone, good deal.

If my group doesn't draw, it's not the end of the world. I won't have to buy new waders either!

I did, but already looked a couple months ago because of all the rain (I was thinking ahead) and no waterfowl hunting close to where me and my 2 teenagers (14 & 16) will be at. Which stinks because by the way I read it, the youth pretty much get to hunt the entire state where waterfowl hunting is allowed and there is always youth tags left over from looking at past drawings.

Thank you for putting it up there as a reminder to whomever would read it. I’m a believer in Karma.

I'm not a duck hunter, but I have hunted ducks when the opportunity arises. Not is SD because as you said, you have to get your license early in the year and pick a week. This is hard to do. It's a crap shoot, not a duck shoot. you never know if ducks will be in your area during the week you select. This is the main reason I don't put in for the drawl. If they are there, we go watch them. Several of the other guys I take with me pheasant hunting are big duck hunters. It's always a gamble to duck hunt. It sounds like if all ducks need is water, they will be where you hunt this year. I know that's not all true. Ducks need food and we always see them in cut corn fields. With the lack of planting this year, they will either be stacked deep and wide in the few cut fields there are, or they will just fly right by SD. Pheasant hunting is never a gamble! Find the right habitat....have a good trained dog.... know what you are doing.... and then shoot straight. For someone whom grew up in central PA, there is never a bad year in SD. Habitat + Food Source = Pheasants in the bag!

That was a nice picture of SDJIM's funeral. Looked like it captured the multiple aspects of Jim's life. Sorry I never had the chance to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestle View Post

ND has great duck hunting and is much more welcoming to NR duck hunters....

Luck o' the Irish!

My group was drawn for the waterfowl license! Happy Days! Happy Dogs! Happy Hunters!

Text I got today from a non hunter in SD when I asked about the crops and the hatch.

Hey yes most of the fields got planted and I have been seeing alot of baby pheasant!!