Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A/T Tires

Dakotazeb & Birdguy, I was on my second set of Hankook Dynapros when I sold my F-150. I would describe them about how you guys did. A good, reasonably priced tire... And I really like the Peerless dealer on North 3rd in Manhattan. His customer service is awesome. I'll probably end up putting a set of them on this 4runner unless someone on our forum directs me to the holy grail of tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Dakotazeb & Birdguy, I was on my second set of Hankook Dynapros when I sold my F-150. I would describe them about how you guys did. A good, reasonably priced tire... And I really like the Peerless dealer on North 3rd in Manhattan. His customer service is awesome. I'll probably end up putting a set of them on this 4runner unless someone on our forum directs me to the holy grail of tires.
    I buy all mine at Peerless in Hays. They will order any tire you want.

I’ve had good luck with coopers in the AT3 and Discoverer on my Tacoma.

I have had great luck with the BF Goodrich AT. Got them on my Landcruiser and 86 Runner.

Birdman

Hancook dinapro atm on wife’s trailblazer and mts on my truck. Had a set of dick cepecks on my truck that were mud eaters but lasted a whole 10,000 miles. Way to soft. Wife has close to 70,000 on her Hancock 10 plys

Quote Originally Posted by BirdGuy View Post
    I've have two sets of the Hankook dynapros on my truck and have had no complaints.
    The Hancook Dyna's are the best tire I've ever ran. Two sets on my old Z71 and new set on my new F150.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Dynapro ATM's are quiet, good when wet, acceptable in the mud and snow. Toyo Open Country quiet but not as quiet as the ATM's, ATM's better on wet pavement, the Toyo's are better in the mud and snow. Can get 10 ply in both. It's been a toss up for on these two for me lately, but I'm going to go with the Toyo.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Hancook dinapro atm on wife’s trailblazer and mts on my truck. Had a set of dick cepecks on my truck that were mud eaters but lasted a whole 10,000 miles. Way to soft. Wife has close to 70,000 on her Hancock 10 plys
    WHOA! only 10K miles? I would be pretty furious on that one. That's my issue with the Nittos to a lesser degree. I'm only at 25K miles now, but I know they will not see another winter.

Does anyone run M/Ts full time? I feel like I would be wasting them for 2/3 of the year, just scrubbing them off on the pavement. But I bet it is nice having them on some of our garbage mud roads during season. Maybe when this rig gets to be high-mileage I'll get a new daily driver, slap some mudders on my 4runner, and save it for hunting season.

I run Michelin LTX m/s. Have run them for years on all my SUVs. My 4Runner, which I drive now, came OEM with Dunlops which hydroplaned.
    - From the office of Colt, Stoeger, Browning & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country