Thread: Help with lodging please!!!

Default Help with lodging please!!!

In the very early stages of planning a trip ranging from Salina to Colby in Jan. of 2020. Planning on a group of 4-6 and hoping to find a cabin or such that will allow dogs. Preferably more towards Colby and does not need to be anything special. The hope is we can all be in the same building (not in a motel rooms) and the dogs are allowed in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ever check on AirBnb? We looked last time when I went to KS and found some decent places but since there was only 2 of us and spent most of the time mobile we decided on hotel/motels.

Troy Kanopolis or Cedar Bluffs State Parks!
    Trust the dog!

Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Drifter View Post
    Troy Kanopolis or Cedar Bluffs State Parks!
    the way the weather has been so far, i would suggest you wait to pick a place. there will be places where birds are very, very scarce, possibly causing you to drive long distances to find decent hunting. lots of high water with muddy fields, not even planted yet. this year not shaping up well at all, read the many posts, not meaning to scare you off, but things look terrible for the most part.

A lot of rain here in MN too. Our group did seven years in SD. Tried to switch it up to ND and they were hit with the drought. Cancelled that trip. Now I'm looking into Kansas and rain rain rain. It's my fault..... Sorry! I'll keep an eye on how things are progressing. Thanks for comments

Side note--Cedar Bluffs state park looks very nice and I would book there but I see they do not allow pets. Argh!

A few years back we stayed at the Butterfield Trail Bunkhouse, located about 10 miles south of Wakeeny. It’s dog friendly and a great breakfast is provided every morning.

https://www.butterfieldtrailbunkhouse.com