Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite O/U 16 gauge?

Browning Citori Feather Lightning 16. My dad purchased it somewhere around 2004. After his passing, it now resides in my safe. Outstanding shooter although it does let you know it's there when you pull the trigger.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Been reading a lot of unhappy reviews regarding the firing pin failing on the 525's in 16 gauge-for a $1500 gun that seems unacceptable to me.

Seach continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyebowhunter View Post
    Been reading a lot of unhappy reviews regarding the firing pin failing on the 525's in 16 gauge-for a $1500 gun that seems unacceptable to me.

Seach continues!
    That is the first I've ever heard of that issue. Like I said before, I've had my White Lightning for over 10 years and never experience a single issue with it. I wouldn't give up on the Citori's unless they don't fit you well. I think they are an extremely well built gun.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

They are built on a true 16 gauge frame I assume? Hard to find info on some of those sites, still fairly new to researching guns online I guess!

They are built on a true 16 gauge frame I assume? Hard to find info on some of those sites, still fairly new to researching guns online I guess!
    Yes they are. Actually from what I've read in the past the 16 ga. Citori's are built on a modified 20 ga. frame. My White Lightning with 26" barrels is about 7 lbs. I would guess the feather weights would shave a pound or so off that. But realize that with lighter weight come more recoil. So you have to find that happy medium for yourself. Good luck.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

I think the 16 ga feather Lightnings are 16 ga frame. As others mentioned not one issue with mine.

I think it VERY unlikely that you'd go wrong w/ a Citori. Have shot several 16 ga Citoris & never experienced a failure to fire, whether ammo was factory or homemade. A buddy of mine has put 1000's of rounds through his without failure. They're just really well made guns. I vaguely recall reading online posts about this supposed issue though, maybe 10-12 yrs ago. As I recall, the issue was not widespread & the prevailing opinion was that particular Remington hulls (reloaded) were so cheaply made that they caused problems. (or maybe it was primers? or both?)
    "Most pheasants in South Dakota don't react too well to #5s." -The Hunt for Red Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by A5 Sweet 16 View Post
    I think it VERY unlikely that you'd go wrong w/ a Citori. Have shot several 16 ga Citoris & never experienced a failure to fire, whether ammo was factory or homemade. A buddy of mine has put 1000's of rounds through his without failure. They're just really well made guns. I vaguely recall reading online posts about this supposed issue though, maybe 10-12 yrs ago. As I recall, the issue was not widespread & the prevailing opinion was that particular Remington hulls (reloaded) were so cheaply made that they caused problems. (or maybe it was primers? or both?)

Thanks for the heads up, they aren't a real popular gun around here so I'll have to search around!

Quote Originally Posted by A5 Sweet 16 View Post
    What loads do you like through your 16?