Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to live?

Quote Originally Posted by david0311 View Post
    I would take that view in a split second
    Looks like May have been taken near scatter gun lodge road area back towards Chamberlain??

Would love to live there spring summer and fall—
    My cabin is Northeast of Chamberlain. The view I posted is looking South West towards the dude ranch, over top of Chamb and Oacoma. Straight to the west, is the bluff view of the river, of which the bluffs block mine. (kinda like looking at Mt Rushmore form the back side. lol) Theres about 100k difference in lots costs, hence the "cheap seats" .

Thank you all for your inputs. I will be coming up as soon as the snows clears up a little bit on a house hunting trip.

I sent you a PM yesterday j..

I have lived in the northeast part of state my whole life...except for two years I lived in chamberlain. Chamberlain is a wonderful community. Lots of outdoor things to do and not too far to travel to good areas. Northeast has great opportunities too but as others have mentioned...the weather here is often life altering. The amount of snow I've moved this year is an incredible hassle. If feel chamberlain area is better set up economically as well. I plan to retire back down in that area.

Have been investigating relocating to Pierre for retirement. Need a fair sized town to get the Mrs. Onboard. However, I am perplexed at the high cost of housing, especially if you look at the cost by the sq ft. Anyone have any ideas as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter6 View Post
    Have been investigating relocating to Pierre for retirement. Need a fair sized town to get the Mrs. Onboard. However, I am perplexed at the high cost of housing, especially if you look at the cost by the sq ft. Anyone have any ideas as to why.
    Probably has to do with allot of state employees, the river and generally it is a nice place to live.

Placed and offer on a home in Winner on 3.3 acres

Quote Originally Posted by j2ohno View Post
    Placed and offer on a home in Winner on 3.3 acres
    Great choice!
    In the very heart of great hunting area-hope offer works out for you-
    Been guiding/working dogs for Lodge (Antler Ridge)
    out there for a long time now—great people in that area—

I had to withdraw my offer on the home in Winner. The home inspection brought to light many issues with the home. The search goes on.

Curious: what did the inspection find that you couldn't see?

Thanks.