Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fox A Grade

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    4,098

    Default Fox A Grade

    Anyone gotten their hands on a new Fox/Savage A Grade? Tell us what you think about it.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

  2. #2

    Default

    I have a buddy that is a production engineer at Savage. I own a 555 20ga that I use for planted birds. I can tell you that the 555's are not made internal of the Savage plant. I'm not sure who makes the Fox A for them.......

    At that price point I'd be afraid to take the gun out of my home......but I tend to be a "storm trooper" in the fields and woods

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL. I think Savage's O/Us are Turkish. That doesn't make them bad guns, but it does make them different.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    4,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL.
    That's my understanding.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL. I think Savage's O/Us are Turkish. That doesn't make them bad guns, but it does make them different.
    Yes you are correct the O/U are made in Turkey. I love my 555 for the money there is just something about that gun that feels right. It's my go to grouse gun. Short barrel, light and fairly inexpensive to bang around with

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    I wonder what they really weigh? They list the 28" 20 guage at 7.6 lbs. No thanks. Then list the 26" at 6.6 lbs. Getting closer to where they should be. And yes, it is a Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (CSMC).

    I've been so far out of the loop, I just realized Savage changed their logo from the Indian with headdress to a stylized 'S" over 3 years ago.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post

    I've been so far out of the loop, I just realized Savage changed their logo from the Indian with headdress to a stylized 'S" over 3 years ago.
    Appeasing the liberals here in Mass Don't forget our senator is .0000000000002 native ameican........Even schools had to change the sports teams names over it. Savage just complied before they had protesters camped in their front yard. PC if you will........jus wonder what "Indian Motorcycle" will do

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    central california
    Posts
    4,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    I wonder what they really weigh? They list the 28" 20 guage at 7.6 lbs. No thanks. Then list the 26" at 6.6 lbs. Getting closer to where they should be. And yes, it is a Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (CSMC).

    I've been so far out of the loop, I just realized Savage changed their logo from the Indian with headdress to a stylized 'S" over 3 years ago.
    I believe the 20ga guns are actually right at or just over 6lbs.

    Yes, it's a an RBL stylized to look like an old Fox. If you look out for deals you can find them for the same price a lot of used RBL's are going for these days.
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •