Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ****Bird Dog Bunkhouse 2019****

Bobby:

The drip edge on the window you installed doesn't appear to be all the way to the edge of the frame...

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Hey Bobby, where's your orange in the field?
    Zeb I don't wear any. It's not required by law when upland hunting. It scares pheasants. I wear an orange hat when deer season opens.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
    Bobby:

The drip edge on the window you installed doesn't appear to be all the way to the edge of the frame...

Just an observation.
    Jonny that's actually the "J" channel not drip edge. The old siding is still under the vinyl siding. The windows are taped over the nailing flange starting at the bottom then going up the side, then across the top. The perimeter is foamed with window insulation on the inside. Water won't be causing any damage.

Thanks for the critical critique though. Hope when I'm as old as you I'll have better things to do than just be negative

Quote Originally Posted by dukxdog View Post
    Zeb I don't wear any. It's not required by law when upland hunting. It scares pheasants. I wear an orange hat when deer season opens.
    I know it's not required but it sure does help be seen if you are hunting with others. I always require everyone in my group (even if it's only one other guy) to have at least an orange hat and preferably an orange hat and vest. I've been hunting pheasants since 1956 and I've never seen that orange scares pheasants. But, each to their own!
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    I know it's not required but it sure does help be seen if you are hunting with others. I always require everyone in my group (even if it's only one other guy) to have at least an orange hat and preferably an orange hat and vest.
    That's fine if you want to wear orange. I don't wear any 90% of the time. I've never had any issues since I don't.

I don't know why you choose to bring up the subject on my house thread. Start your own post if you want to talk about orange.

Thanks!

It's gone.
    Last edited by Dakotazeb; 07-20-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

George you have contacted me several times about staying at my house with your friends. You never have. You also made special requests that I have offered to accommodate.

I've never been anything but cordial to you. I don't get into conflicts with anyone here or make negative comments on anyone's posts.

I don't know why you have chosen now to criticize me on an unrelated post I started. You confirm orange is NOT required to hunt birds in SD. What you posted and where is in poor taste and uncalled for.

Hunt with who will go with you, use all the orange you want and make any rules you decide on for your groups.

Most of my dates are full this year as in the past from the first season I offered for guys to stay here. I have scores of good references with mostly repeat guys coming each year. I offer a great and special service not many others could pull off. I work hard at it and take great pride in what I offer. I've made lots of friends because of my house. The guys staying with me are glad to see each other every season. We don't have any conflicts. It's a bunch of regular guys enjoying friendship, dogs, guns and hunting traditions.

I don't really think it's at all about me not wearing orange.

I'm now really glad I've not had any dealings with you nor will I in the future.

Looking forward to this year. Itís a toss up between my boys and I who is more excited. Season will be here before we know it.

Looking forward to having you and your sons out hunting Mike

My group is also excited. I know it will be a learning year but hope its a annual event.