Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goldens vs. Labs

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Goosemaster that is a blanket statement that does not hold true for either breed. I have hunted with labs that are very mellow and not aggressive at all. I think my goldens are pretty amped up and are very aggressive in the field and in their drive to retrieve!
    Thanks, Joel - good response!

Ya know..I kinda don't get all this "XXXXXXXXXXX breed is the best! The only dog to have!"

Now, I admit, I've been a Lab guy all my life. No regrets.

But looking back, I wish I had had the right place, the free time, the money and places to hunt that would have allowed me to have tried a dozen different breeds, owning multiple different breeds at one time. Too bad I don't get a "do-over"!

I love 'em all. What great companions and field partners.

Whatever breed you partner up with.....enjoy your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosemaster View Post
    Labs, are more aggressive hunters.Goldens tend to be more mellow.Ive hunted with both.
    That is not a true statement. I have hunted with several Golden's over the years. Most were dual dogs, or show dogs that hunted a little. They were bigger good looking dogs, and poor hunters by our standards. I have hunted with a couple guy's on here that run Golden's. I really liked the temperament and size of Goldenboy's dogs. Unfortunately we really can't comment on each others dogs due to the fact we didn't get into many birds, and all of our dogs were losing interest a bit. I have spent many days hunting with Johhny B's golden. He is a bit more methodical than my Lab can be at times, but is a good bird finder, with a nice retrieve that likes to hunt cover. Overall a very good bird dog. Honestly i would own one in a minute. I would stay away from any type of breeder that had any kind of show dog whether it be LAb or Golden. I had a friend that bought a dual dog out of Colorado that was a total waste of a hunter. I have also hunted with plenty of worthless labs both big and small.

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    That is not a true statement. I have hunted with several Golden's over the years. Most were dual dogs, or show dogs that hunted a little. They were bigger good looking dogs, and poor hunters by our standards. I have hunted with a couple guy's on here that run Golden's. I really liked the temperament and size of Goldenboy's dogs. Unfortunately we really can't comment on each others dogs due to the fact we didn't get into many birds, and all of our dogs were losing interest a bit. I have spent many days hunting with Johhny B's golden. He is a bit more methodical than my Lab can be at times, but is a good bird finder, with a nice retrieve that likes to hunt cover. Overall a very good bird dog. Honestly i would own one in a minute. I would stay away from any type of breeder that had any kind of show dog whether it be LAb or Golden. I had a friend that bought a dual dog out of Colorado that was a total waste of a hunter. I have also hunted with plenty of worthless labs both big and small.
    Thanks for the kind words, Tom.