Thread: Inside or Outside Dog?

Default Inside or Outside Dog?

Informal msn.com poll results indicate that only 4% of dogs live entirely outside. Mine's an inside dog. How about yours?
    Last edited by BritChaser; 02-12-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    - From the office of Colt, Stoeger, Browning & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

Both dogs are inside dogs.

All four inside but with a double flap dog door built into the patio door that lets them out into a fully fenced acre. No more "dog in/dog out". They go as they please.

As I have gotten older the rules have changed. They used to spend the day in the kennels when I worked, but inside at night. Than inside most of the day, but only in certain areas of the house, not in the bedroom. Now just say that the last rule to be broken was only one dog on the bed at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan swamp collies View Post
    As I have gotten older the rules have changed. They used to spend the day in the kennels when I worked, but inside at night. Than inside most of the day, but only in certain areas of the house, not in the bedroom. Now just say that the last rule to be broken was only one dog on the bed at night.
    Have been asked/heckled-ect-
    By friends other trainers-
    If mine ever see the inside of a kennel-

My response is — of course they do-because in chain link—
    They can see right into it every time they walk by it from the truck into the house
    Never asked me if they were ever in it-which they aren’t—

Personally, I could’t put a dog of mine in an outdoor kennel with little to no human contact. Our GSP pretty much gets free reign of the home, same as every dog before him. Lay with whomever they choose but must sleep the night within the crate in our room (their choice, as about 10:30 he gets up and make his way there). The only thing I tell myself is the dog needs to win over my wife, and it will have a wonderful life.
    Last edited by Mike da Carpenter; 02-13-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Year back I had beagles for rabbit hunting they would not ever come in the house even during the coldest months. Simply stubborn!! Today our chocolate lab loves being outside but also loves her cozy spot by the fire so she is an inside dog.

Bahahahaha!! Inside. There are a few pieces of furniture they're supposed to stay off (& do when we're at home to monitor things). But otherwise they have the run of the place. Was mystified for a time by this "splatter" that would periodically show up on a particular tabletop. Clean it off. The next day it'd be back. I blamed the kids. Then once my neighbor let it slip that when we're gone, Buzz would stand on my good leather chair w/ his front paws on that table & bark out the window with his barking dogs in the other yard. Splatter explained. Buzz got in SOOOO much trouble. (yeah right) Good grief.