Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buscherís dream Goldenís

Default Buscherís dream Goldenís

Anyone familiar with this breeder or dogs from it?

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Anyone familiar with this breeder or dogs from it?
    Buscher's dogs appear to be show/service dogs. Long, light- colored hair. Very different breed than the hunting variety. The breeder appears to be in S. California...

The dogs are located in northwest Ohio. Not Southern California

Hmmm, guess I stand corrected. I was directed (google) to a site in S. Cal.

I’ve hunted with labs my whole life. Think I’m gonna try a Golden this go around. Very knowledgeable gentleman & was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the kennel or the dogs

Have owned five hunting strains of Golden's...since 1972. Living in Mn, I've followed/researched several breeders in the upper Midwest: WI, MN, IL, and one in CO.

Have not heard of your breeder.

Their web site photo's appear to be show Golden's, with a few hunting types. One stud dog had "Top Brass" in his background. Top Brass is a breeder in the Chicago area...highly regarded hunting dogs.

About all I can add. Good luck finding your puppy.

I appreciate your insight jonnyB

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
    Have owned five hunting strains of Golden's...since 1972. Living in Mn, I've followed/researched several breeders in the upper Midwest: WI, MN, IL, and one in CO.

Have not heard of your breeder.

Their web site photo's appear to be show Golden's, with a few hunting types. One stud dog had "Top Brass" in his background. Top Brass is a breeder in the Chicago area...highly regarded hunting dogs.

About all I can add. Good luck finding your puppy.
    While on the subject, who would you recommend in the midwest? I have 2 males out of AFC/FC champion Trek from the northwest and will be looking for another dog in the near future. Was trying to find a female to breed to, but being a bit off the main land it is hard. I don't run either of my dogs in field trials, mainly because of our short season and I spend a lot of time running them in agility. They do spend over 30 days each fall on the ground hunting upland birds and are as birdy and as drivey as anyone can want. Guess I'm asking which breeders you would recommend with field trial lines? Would like a pup from either of my males, but if the right pup is available elsewhere I would jump at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan swamp collies View Post
    While on the subject, who would you recommend in the midwest? I have 2 males out of AFC/FC champion Trek from the northwest and will be looking for another dog in the near future. Was trying to find a female to breed to, but being a bit off the main land it is hard. I don't run either of my dogs in field trials, mainly because of our short season and I spend a lot of time running them in agility. They do spend over 30 days each fall on the ground hunting upland birds and are as birdy and as drivey as anyone can want. Guess I'm asking which breeders you would recommend with field trial lines? Would like a pup from either of my males, but if the right pup is available elsewhere I would jump at it.
    Finding a dog with field trial experience may be a challenge; one needs to go to the breeders web site and investigate the liter. I would not be qualified to direct you to a field trial breeder of Golden's - my past (and current dog) have been bred mainly for hunting.

I can offer a few breeders that I would investigate, if I were looking for an upland hunter. I mentioned Top Brass in a previous message: excellent dogs. Many of the Golden's produced in the upper mid west have dogs from the Top Brass line. My dog came from a breeder in WI and he's been the best I've had thus far.

Some musings about Golden's some of us love...I hope you find a dog to your liking. Let me know if I can help further.