Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Day of My Season

Quote Originally Posted by Uplandhunter67 View Post
    Ross,
    I have never liked my voice on recording. I don't think I sound that way so I understand the self conscious thing.
    Along time ago in a galaxy far far away I moved to Springfield, MA (when I was younger and dumb then wizened up and moved back to CO). Aaron was my construction business partners neighbor. Helluva a nice guy. He was a all around outdoor guy. His band was Staind at that time and they played the local venues around in WMass. That was before he hooked up with Fred Durst and went big. He was a bit hard rock then. Only recently he went country. I remember when he wanted to give my buddy Stanley's daughter a CD and Stanley said, "No that's not the type of music you should be listening to this young." Stanley and his wife Sue used to summer vacation with Aaron's parents on the Cape.

And yes I hunted pheasants there too......

Now that the season has settled and thing aren't so hectic I'll give you a call. We can go grab a beer over at Downhill Brewing Company and talk bird hunting and the East Coast...

Matt
    Matt,

Let's get that beer (s) and talk bird hunting. Fantastic story. I know Staind well. I liked his voice then, but my music preference is a bit harder (Pantera). I want to hear how you hunted pheasants on the Cape. I never touched a shotgun until I moved to Colorado 10+ years ago. I grew up watching Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, Hank Parker etc and always dreamed of hunting. The move to Colorado gave me the opening. I remember taking my new O/U to Kiowa Creek in the dead of winter. I did not come close to a single clay in just over an hour at the range. Two years later, we adopted our first gundog. He was a kind and gentle 7 year old lab named Pride. I hunted with Pride for 4+ years. In the beginning we hunted alone, and I came back empty handed a bunch of times (100% my fault). I read a lot of pheasant hunting articles, watched some shows, and the intimidation factor lessened. Now, I could not happily exist without upland hunting with Echo.

We will connect soon.

Ross

I like your soundtracks too Ross.
    They keep teasing us saying Stained is getting back together...……..

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I like your soundtracks too Ross.
    They keep teasing us saying Stained is getting back together.....
    Check out three bands.

The Sword (featured in my 2016 and 2017 videos), Freedom Hawk (featured in my 2017 and 2018 videos) and John Garcia (formally lead singer of Kyuss). Great rock & roll.