Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Plans for the Remains of the Season?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rolla Mo
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Where did you end up getting the pup from Cheesy? Is he local?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watermen View Post
    Where did you end up getting the pup from Cheesy? Is he local?
    He was pretty local you could say, inadvertent backyard breeding. That’s what happens when you’re not paying attention.

    Wife was adamant we weren’t keeping him. “We don’t need another animal in this house”. So adamant in fact, she makes sure his seat heater is turned on when taking him with her to drop off the kids at school.

    iapnpdu.jpg

    Poor thing thought the world was coming to an end when he had to slum it in the dog box this weekend.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Packed up and headed out for the last hunt of the year. I should be eating a cheeseburger in the Cozy at Ness around noon. It looks like the weather will be good so that's a start.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Anxious to hear how you do. Take no prisoners!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    295

    Default

    How did you all do?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colony, Ks
    Posts
    599

    Default

    We hunted 2.5 days and shot 11. We were quitting early afternoon each day. I had a double ear infection and bronchitis. The doctor told me to say home............. I shot my limit yesterday by noon. My friend isn't shooting his new gun real well or he would have shot more birds. We shot at least one bird everywhere we hunted. The birds are really fat and in good shape so they could handle a small stretch of bad weather if we get it. There are enough birds that if they have a good hatch next year will be really good. We saw several lucky roosters this morning heading out to get my dogs.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsentkilr View Post
    We hunted 2.5 days and shot 11. We were quitting early afternoon each day. I had a double ear infection and bronchitis. The doctor told me to say home............. I shot my limit yesterday by noon. My friend isn't shooting his new gun real well or he would have shot more birds. We shot at least one bird everywhere we hunted. The birds are really fat and in good shape so they could handle a small stretch of bad weather if we get it. There are enough birds that if they have a good hatch next year will be really good. We saw several lucky roosters this morning heading out to get my dogs.
    Sounds like a pretty good finish to the year (other than the ear infection and bronchitis). Glad to hear the birds are looking healthy. Time to start the countdown to next season.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    308

    Default

    I made it out for the last day with my 11 month old wirehair. We have put in a lot of yard work, but due to work, weather and kid's sports, this was only her 3rd time out this season. The first time I took her out was the youth season and the boys missed a couple of roosters and quail, the next was a half day on the second weekend and I shot a quail and she pointed a hen. We made the 4+ hour drive and finally started hunting at 10:00, by 10:30 she had pointed her first rooster and also found it after a terrible mark by me (she attempted a retrieve, but wasn't quite sure). We saw around 30 birds, but all but that one rooster flushed well out of range. It felt good to get that first rooster!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lenexa, KS
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuttCrazed View Post
    I made it out for the last day with my 11 month old wirehair. We have put in a lot of yard work, but due to work, weather and kid's sports, this was only her 3rd time out this season. The first time I took her out was the youth season and the boys missed a couple of roosters and quail, the next was a half day on the second weekend and I shot a quail and she pointed a hen. We made the 4+ hour drive and finally started hunting at 10:00, by 10:30 she had pointed her first rooster and also found it after a terrible mark by me (she attempted a retrieve, but wasn't quite sure). We saw around 30 birds, but all but that one rooster flushed well out of range. It felt good to get that first rooster!
    Kinda neat when a pup locks down that first rooster, second day out my 11 month old got his first rooster. That was back in November.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wichita,KS.
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    We went out on Thurs. and 2 of us ended up with 2 pheasants and 3 quail. I got skunked earlier in the week. The picture was taken the last weekend in Liberal.

    20190205_071912.jpg
    Last edited by BrownDogsCan2; 02-05-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •